By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Soap_McTavish said:
noname2200 said:
disolitude said:
Can't blame them.

If in Russia they made a game like COD except reversed the roles...it would be all over the news in America and Obama would be giving a speech on national TV by now.

Let's not go overboard.

er.. thats not overboard at all. In fact, disolitude is way under the extent to what the Americans would do. I'm pretty sure they'd Force activision and infinity ward to pay huge amounts of money in massive law suits and claim they are a threat to public security.

That being said, the game should be banned. Scenes like this can be shown in a clip, they do not need to be acted out. Most of the people playing this game are cheering this on when it happens and having a blast.

The game should be banned everywhere.

What a truly strange sentiment from someone called Soap_MacTavish who also sports a Modern Warfare/Modern Warfare 2 avatar.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
disolitude said:
Can't blame them.

If in Russia they made a game like COD except reversed the roles...it would be all over the news in America and Obama would be giving a speech on national TV by now.

Let's not go overboard.

You're right...Obama wouldn't. But Bush would if he was still around...and you know it :)

disolitude said:
noname2200 said:
disolitude said:
Can't blame them.

Let's not go overboard.

You're right...Obama wouldn't. But Bush would if he was still around...and you know it :)

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellll...

Let's just say it's more plausible than it should be.

Yeah, after watching that one level... it's not really surprising. Definitely left a bad taste in my mouth, so I'm sure they wouldn't be too pleased with it.

It's funny though, apparently my brother really liked that level and kept on saying how awesome it was. So I did what any caring brother would do and cleansed him through the power of New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Hallelujah!

Mummelmann said:
Soap_McTavish said:
noname2200 said:
disolitude said:
Can't blame them.

Let's not go overboard.

er.. thats not overboard at all. In fact, disolitude is way under the extent to what the Americans would do. I'm pretty sure they'd Force activision and infinity ward to pay huge amounts of money in massive law suits and claim they are a threat to public security.

That being said, the game should be banned. Scenes like this can be shown in a clip, they do not need to be acted out. Most of the people playing this game are cheering this on when it happens and having a blast.

The game should be banned everywhere.

What a truly strange sentiment from someone called Soap_MacTavish who also sports a Modern Warfare/Modern Warfare 2 avatar.

I love Modern Warfare, but I hate the ground MW2 walks on. It's the biggest disapointment I've ever had. It's obvious what the game aims to do, it does it well, it's just not much.

Around the Network

Well, you can't blame them...Must be quite tiresome to have to be the bad guys all the time.

I agree with some of what disolitude said. Switch the roles and we would have lots of protests.

I just saw this on YouTube, and this is truly fucked up.

to be fair to the game devs, we like killing Russians, nazis, middle easterns and aliens, the sales dont lie. They should get more creative though, there are about 200 other countries in the world the game devs can use as bad guys.

a new country to use for gaming. New Zealand runs out of all its sheep's due to a deadly decease, with their economy crumbling, they invade Scotland for its Sheeps, CoD team are deployed to save the day, as they fight the New Zealand forces they uncover the sinister truth behind the deadly decease, it turns out that Russia are behind the decease.

crap!

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Cougarman said:
to be fair to the game devs, we like killing Russians, nazis, middle easterns and aliens, the sales dont lie. They should get more creative though, there are about 200 other countries in the world the game devs can use as bad guys.

a new country to use for gaming. New Zealand runs out of all its sheep's due to a deadly decease, with their economy crumbling, they invade Scotland for its Sheeps, CoD team are deployed to save the day, as they fight the New Zealand forces they uncover the sinister truth behind the deadly decease, it turns out that Russia are behind the decease.

crap!

No, you're thinking of the Russian sheep prostitution racket they tried to set up here a few years ago. It failed because, well, why pay for something when you can get it for free?

If you ask any paranoid Australian the MW3 game should be Indonesia invading the Northern Territory.

I guess the Russkis and the Nigerians have found some common ground recently in the video game arena.

It would have been China but for the fact America is up to its eyeballs in debt to China so it pays not to piss them off right now.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I've played the single player a few times so far, and the Russians are not the bad guys. From my understanding you play an American CIA agent when you are shooting up the airport.  You also kill countless US soldiers in the game.