By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Petition to remove J Pop from all upcoming rpg's.

I'm 100% A-OK with jrpgs getting rid of the j-staples and mixing things up a bit. Whether it's getting rid of j-pop, getting rid of animu, westernizing the game's setting (like they did with Ace Attorney. It's not like anyone aside from hardcore weeaboos would get the j-pop culture references anyway. Though when you do get the references, it is really hilarious.), etc. And I don't mind it when games exclude Japanese voices. I was in a stage before where I thought all English VAs in anime and games suck but if you look at it objectively, the English VAs are underrated. In fact many Japanese anime enthousiasts often complain that their VAs are not up to par. The Japanese VAs only sound better in comparison because we don't really understand their language too well. It REALLY makes a difference when you understand the spoken language. The English voice acting in say something like Lost Odyssey really enhances the experience because communication is more than just words. When for eg. Jansen in Lost Odyssey cracks a joke, it's much more funny to me when it's told in my native language than in Japanese with english subtitles. There are plenty of anime series that were downright hilarious when told in their native Japanese but I suppose if I gave the English VOs a chance and if the English VAs were good, the english dub versions might probably be better. Not to mention that if you read subtitles, sometimes you miss key things in the action, facial expressions, body language, etc. It was common for me to have to rewind when watching fan subbed anime to catch little tidbits I missed because I was distracted from reading the text on the screen.

Around the Network

Just for the sake of hating Jpop, I'll sign. They should just put polka music in lol...

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

wtf is a 'weeaboo'?

Boutros said:
Remove Japanese Pop from Japanese RPGs?...

No. I prefer authenticity.

Than why dont you just buy the Japanese version that way you won't have to deal with any of that inauthentic English text.

Phrancheyez said:
wtf is a 'weeaboo'?

Someone that isn't Japanese who is obsessed with Japanese pop culture and feels that western pop culture sucks.

Around the Network
A Bad Clown said:
Just for the sake of hating Jpop, I'll sign. They should just put polka music in lol...

Great idea!

Signed

LEONA LEWIS FOR LIFE!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

everyone can dream of what they want, but some things just won't happen and this (fortunately) is one of them

Phrancheyez said:
wtf is a 'weeaboo'?

Someone who is obsessed with Japan/Japanese Culture/Anime, etc. and attempts to act as if they were Japanese, even though they're far from it.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

huaxiong90 said:
You might as well just play WRPGs and ignore JRPGs. Seriously.

This.

The person who made this thread sounds more like one of those people who whines whenever there's any hint of Japanese found in a game and cries bloody murder when he finds he has to sit through an Anime cutscene or two.  Face it, the game is made in Japan to appeal to Japanese audiences.  And the Anime and 'JPOP' industries are hevily tied to the gaming industries.

Six upcoming games you should look into: