By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Petition to remove J Pop from all upcoming rpg's.

rap hip hop music sucks . only americans like that. an example:that mw2 trailer with eminem music.WORST TRAILER EVER.

Around the Network

Oh hell yes I sign, I'm so sick of jpop putting corny as fuck into jrpg's. This thread will save me from feeling embarresed to play these games. LOL. Does anybody else hate japanese techno all the singing sounds like the alven and the chipmunks, thank you brother.

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
huaxiong90 said:
You might as well just play WRPGs and ignore JRPGs. Seriously.

This.

The person who made this thread sounds more like one of those people who whines whenever there's any hint of Japanese found in a game and cries bloody murder when he finds he has to sit through an Anime cutscene or two.  Face it, the game is made in Japan to appeal to Japanese audiences.  And the Anime and 'JPOP' industries are hevily tied to the gaming industries.

So since I think that J Pop is one of the worst musical genres (true), that means that I must think that everything else Japanese sucks (false) I have relatives living in Japan, I've been there multiple times (both in Tokyo and out in the countryside) one of my favorite movies is Akira, and I much prefer Japanese RPG's to western Rpg's in fact I for the most part prefer games made by the Japanese to games made by western development studios.

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
huaxiong90 said:
You might as well just play WRPGs and ignore JRPGs. Seriously.

This.

The person who made this thread sounds more like one of those people who whines whenever there's any hint of Japanese found in a game and cries bloody murder when he finds he has to sit through an Anime cutscene or two.  Face it, the game is made in Japan to appeal to Japanese audiences.  And the Anime and 'JPOP' industries are hevily tied to the gaming industries.

So since I think that J Pop is one of the worst musical genres (true), that means that I must think that everything else Japanese sucks (false) I have relatives living in Japan, I've been there multiple times (both in Tokyo and out in the countryside) one of my favorite movies is Akira, and I much prefer Japanese RPG's to western Rpg's in fact I for the most part prefer games made by the Japanese to games made by western development studios.

Craan said:
Boutros said:
Remove Japanese Pop from Japanese RPGs?...

No. I prefer authenticity.

Than why dont you just buy the Japanese version that way you won't have to deal with any of that inauthentic English text.

There's a certain level of authenticity.

I won't play the game in Japanese if there's not english subtitles or something like that.

I'm just trying to keep it as authentic as possible. I still want to understand what they are saying in the game >.<

Around the Network
jonnhytesta said:

rap hip hop music sucks . only americans like that. an example:that mw2 trailer with eminem music.WORST TRAILER EVER.

when did I ever mention "rap hip hop music" and Americans are far from the only nationality that likes hip hop. hip hop and western culture in general are about as popular in Japan as Japanese culture is in America... in fact theres alot of exciting stuff coming out of Japan production wise in the "rap hip hop music genre" ( I cant comment on the lyrics as I cant understand them

but hiphop is pop and japanese hip hop is j-pop and now you are saying it's exciting ? lol

why don't you just buy a 360 and use custom soundtracks in your JRPGs ?

Lafiel said:
but hiphop is pop and japanese hip hop is j-pop and now you are saying it's exciting ? lol

While Hip Hop (and most musical Genres fall under the umbrella term "Pop") what I'm talking about are soundscapes created by Japanese DJ's that are far more avant garde than "pop

You sir will face the wrath of fans of j-pop. Dont say i didnt warn you.

jonnhytesta said:

Public Enemy - It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back
N.W.A. - Straight Outta Compton
Dr. Dre - The Chronic
Run-D.M.C. - Raising Hell
Nas - Illmatic

Listen to these albums and tell if Rap/Hip Hop music sucks or not.......