By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Petition to remove J Pop from all upcoming rpg's.

Craan said:

To: Japanese Developers

I'm sic(sic) and tired of hearing shitty J Pop songs in my rpg's this petition is to remove J Pop from all future rpg's and replace it with music that doesn't completely suck...

RnB and Soul like Alicia Key's or Marvin Gay. Or maybe some James Brown it doesn't even have to fit in the games theme.

Around the Network

LOL

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Craan said:
ShadowSoldier said:
So you want to remove Japanese music from Japanese games....thats got to be the most ridiculous Idea I've heard all year

Square doesn't think so.

SquareENIX removed it to appeal to people like you, who won't buy the product unless its free of all traces of 'foreign and confusing' Japanese culture that would make them uncomfortable and keep them from buying the product.  And its just sad that after 30 years, games and Anime still has to cater to people like you.

Frankly, I think they shouldn't and just forget about people like you.  They already have with Kingdom Hearts and they're selling those games just fine, and have found quite a few new markets by doing so.  Trying to cater to people like you who just whine and complain whenever the game isn't exactly the way you like it is a losing battle.  They should just release it the way it was made originally and say 'tough luck', buy it or shut up'.

I''m not buying Final Fantasy 13 anyway as I don't have a 360 or PS3 and just becuase a game has J Pop in it isn't going to stop me from buying a game.

Shouldn't Final Fantasy get rid of its Classical Scores becuase thats not Japanese music, regardless of who composed or performed it is is Western music.

spdk1 said:

LOL

ughh that sounds horrible it dosent even go well with the scene. God TC wat are u thinking????

ShadowSoldier said:
Soriku said:

(can this be classified as J pop or more hip hop? IDK)

Hell to The F'ing no.

And Soriku just destroy, obliterated and raped the entire thread. Good Job mate

u damn right he did LOL

Around the Network
reaver_x said:
spdk1 said:

LOL

ughh that sounds horrible it dosent even go well with the scene. God TC wat are u thinking????

Its not my fault those paticular artist's aren't any good.

This is the one game proving JPOP is not only good, but highly connected to the gaming industry:

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! - Thrill

Six upcoming games you should look into:

To make things clear I am not saying I want developers to change the songs when they bring the games over here I'm proposing that there be no J Pop in the Japanese releases either... Western Music is more important than Japanese Music and if the Japs think any different we'll drop another A bomb on em ll

Kenryoku_Maxis said:

This is the one game proving JPOP is not only good, but highly connected to the gaming industry:

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! - Thrill

oh snap elitle beat agents!! absoulte BURN to the TC

Craan said:
To make things clear I am not saying I want developers to change the songs when they bring the games over here I'm proposing that there be no J Pop in the Japanese releases either... Western Music is more important than Japanese Music and if the Japs think any different we'll drop another A bomb on em ll

so u want japenese devlopers to have western music for there japanese games that will be releasing to their japanese audience.

ummm do i even have to make fun of this.