By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Petition to remove J Pop from all upcoming rpg's.

reaver_x said:
Craan said:
To make things clear I am not saying I want developers to change the songs when they bring the games over here I'm proposing that there be no J Pop in the Japanese releases either... Western Music is more important than Japanese Music and if the Japs think any different we'll drop another A bomb on em ll

so u want japenese devlopers to have western music for there japanese games that will be releasing to their japanese audience.

ummm do i even have to make fun of this.

Getting pissed off, much?

Japanese music in Japanese games is fine, it's their culture anyways. But you have to think about Western Countries.

I think they should have different soundtracks for the eastern and western releases... This way, it might please both sides.

Around the Network
Craan said:
Japanese Culture (from WW2 till today is Western culture made infantile. (although western culture is the man who never matured after 21) Anime=Disney Final Fantasy (the whole Jrpg genre)= Dungeons and Dragons video games are a western invention After WW2 we forced our culture down their throats they swallowed our culture and gave birth to western cultures retarded cousin(cus of all the radiation from the A bombs) Our relentless bombing of Japan in WW2 reduced it to a childlike state.

That is...taking it a bit too far. Unless it's a joke...well it is a bad one at it.

luvtospooge said:
reaver_x said:
Craan said:
To make things clear I am not saying I want developers to change the songs when they bring the games over here I'm proposing that there be no J Pop in the Japanese releases either... Western Music is more important than Japanese Music and if the Japs think any different we'll drop another A bomb on em ll

so u want japenese devlopers to have western music for there japanese games that will be releasing to their japanese audience.

ummm do i even have to make fun of this.

Getting pissed off, much?

Japanese music in Japanese games is fine, it's their culture anyways. But you have to think about Western Countries.

I think they should have different soundtracks for the eastern and western releases... This way, it might please both sides.

...did you even see the recent threads when people were causing the fit over how Uematsu's Music wasn't in FFXIII?  This isn't like the NES and SNES days.  If companies keep editing and changing stuff from the international releases, it is going to cause a public reaction (IE, a loss in sales).  Its not a positive thing.  People know what gets released in the original version of games now adays, and they want that to be released for them.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Soriku said:
Craan said:
Japanese Culture (from WW2 till today is Western culture made infantile. (although western culture is the man who never matured after 21) Anime=Disney Final Fantasy (the whole Jrpg genre)= Dungeons and Dragons video games are a western invention After WW2 we forced our culture down their throats they swallowed our culture and gave birth to western cultures retarded cousin(cus of all the radiation from the A bombs) Our relentless bombing of Japan in WW2 reduced it to a childlike state.

Do it. Please.

While I admit that the above post was not well formatted what did I say that was not true. Lots of rock groups that were once big in the states have a lot of success playing Japan. Japan Craves western most western culture. Most Japanese Pop Culture is terribly childish (I'm not saying that western Culture is the be all end all of things because it is certainly not) and my point about our horrific bombing campaign stands, if none of that had happened (due to some hypothetical peace treaty scenario) Japanese Pop culture would be wildly different.

Rol Stoppable what have you done? Your evil spawn is alive and terrorizing the forumz!

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Around the Network

Pop FTL!

I hate pop with all my heart.

Although after listening to the music soriku posted I'm tempted to sign the petition. Although I did like the last song but that was in english so now I'm confused :/

ahhh see now you went and got yourself banned, you should learn from the masters how to stealth troll before you try again young padawan.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Craan said:

Either you tried to be funny (and failed) or...I won't say it because there are minors here. But it's a disgusting thing to say.

OT:

A petition for banning J-pop huh? I hate Hip Hop and R'n'B so maybe I should make a petition for removing all that in western games. Yup, sounds reasonable.

What do you think of Okami? That game not only has a J-pop song at the end, but the whole soundtrack is filled with Japanese music.

Craan said:
Soriku said:
Craan said:

Do it. Please.

While I admit that the above post was not well formatted what did I say that was not true. Lots of rock groups that were once big in the states have a lot of success playing Japan. Japan Craves western most western culture. Most Japanese Pop Culture is terribly childish (I'm not saying that western Culture is the be all end all of things because it is certainly not) and my point about our horrific bombing campaign stands, if none of that had happened (due to some hypothetical peace treaty scenario) Japanese Pop culture would be wildly different.

And American and European 'pop' culture is better?  I don't think teenagers wanting to immitate Brittany Spears or Miley Cyrus is exactly 'Mature'.  Nor do I think European pop culture with its inhibitions and excesses are any prize either.

You just seem to have a negative view on the Japanese 'pop' scene.  When in truth, there's a negative and positive to any culture.  And its 'popular' culture.  While America has horrible Reality shows and boy bands, we also have redeeming 'pop' fads such as movies or even music from time to time.  Same as in Japan.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

.....Why did he have to go there? That was just friggin stupid

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi