By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Petition to remove J Pop from all upcoming rpg's.

Soriku said:

wow TC soriku is raping u at every turn. Dont u think its about time u give this shit up???

Around the Network
Craan said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Craan said:
ShadowSoldier said:
So you want to remove Japanese music from Japanese games....thats got to be the most ridiculous Idea I've heard all year

Square doesn't think so.

SquareENIX removed it to appeal to people like you, who won't buy the product unless its free of all traces of 'foreign and confusing' Japanese culture that would make them uncomfortable and keep them from buying the product.  And its just sad that after 30 years, games and Anime still has to cater to people like you.

Frankly, I think they shouldn't and just forget about people like you.  They already have with Kingdom Hearts and they're selling those games just fine, and have found quite a few new markets by doing so.  Trying to cater to people like you who just whine and complain whenever the game isn't exactly the way you like it is a losing battle.  They should just release it the way it was made originally and say 'tough luck', buy it or shut up'.

I''m not buying Final Fantasy 13 anyway as I don't have a 360 or PS3 and just becuase a game has J Pop in it isn't going to stop me from buying a game.

Shouldn't Final Fantasy get rid of its Classical Scores becuase thats not Japanese music, regardless of who composed or performed it is is Western music.

That's as backwards of logic as removing JPOP.  That's like saying the Hollywood Movie 'memoirs of a geisha' should have had people playing on 'fiddles' and blowing on jugs because it was made by American Studios.  And neither argument gets you closer to proving SE is doing anything wrong.  Their just changing one song to try to better market their game to western audiences.  I'm not really happy with the change either, but its not like I'm happy with their localization on the whole either.  But a stupid petition isn't going to do anything.  If you're really not happy, write a letter.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

spdk1 said:

LOL

Believe it or not, it is actually decent...of course it won't be good if you love the game the way it was made.

@reaver_x

WOW are you really that mad that he doesn't like J POP music?

Craan said:
To make things clear I am not saying I want developers to change the songs when they bring the games over here I'm proposing that there be no J Pop in the Japanese releases either... Western Music is more important than Japanese Music and if the Japs think any different we'll drop another A bomb on em ll

You're not serious, are you?

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

Japanese Culture (from WW2 till today is Western culture made infantile. (although western culture is the man who never matured after 21) Anime=Disney Final Fantasy (the whole Jrpg genre)= Dungeons and Dragons video games are a western invention After WW2 we forced our culture down their throats they swallowed our culture and gave birth to western cultures retarded cousin(cus of all the radiation from the A bombs) Our relentless bombing of Japan in WW2 reduced it to a childlike state.

Craan said:
Japanese Culture (from WW2 till today is Western culture made infantile. (although western culture is the man who never matured after 21) Anime=Disney Final Fantasy (the whole Jrpg genre)= Dungeons and Dragons video games are a western invention After WW2 we forced our culture down their throats they swallowed our culture and gave birth to western cultures retarded cousin(cus of all the radiation from the A bombs) Our relentless bombing of Japan in WW2 reduced it to a childlike state.

Please, just leave.

wow a whole 3 signatures so far, you must feel proud, and it looks like one person who signed it doesn't even know what this is, just signed it for fun.

hey while were at it, lets remove white people from american games

Craan said:

Please, just leave.  At first it was fun but now you made it akward.

irstupid said:
wow a whole 3 signatures so far, you must feel proud, and it looks like one person who signed it doesn't even know what this is, just signed it for fun.

hey while were at it, lets remove white people from american games

are us erious just 3 people LMAO. yeaaa im starting to think he did this now just to get attention wat a waste of my time