By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN reviews Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex (7.0/10)

SaviorX said:
Daaaaaaaaamn.

Terrible times to be a Wii owner; abysmal.

Surely you jest?

I will admit terrible time to be a Wii owner if the only games you play are Call of Duty games, otherwise it is an excellent time to be a Wii owner

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Mint said:

I can't take this review seriously after reading the subject line.
"Activision brings Modern Warfare to the Wii. Isit worth the two year wait?"

Or, more realistically, you're just pointing that out because the game didn't get the score you wanted.

Actually he's got a point the review flat out lies in some parts, be it a lie of ignorance or not, he sates how the game has worse textures and lacks lighting and smoke effects of the W@W version which is a flat out lie cause its the same, the smoke effects are as beautiful as they were in W@W and the lighting... well its nothing to write home about it's the same for both games as well. 

Some additional notes he didn't make, shadows are much better and actually disappear when you're out of the light, there are actual reflections now and better model work.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

It's odd, the people who've actually played this game say the controls and framerate are just fine. Someone's full of it.

I'm not interested in this game but by reading users comments on IGN it seems a lot of people disagree with Bozon and that the screenshots are not the same as the final version.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

PhalanxCO said:
It's odd, the people who've actually played this game say the controls and framerate are just fine. Someone's full of it.

Because it is, it's more stable than W@W was, though W@W wasn't bad to begin with.  MWR only chugs when you're in a huge area with a lot of effects, which happens a bit more near the end of the singleplayer but the multiplayer is a solid 30 frames and no dips I could notice.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
Smeags said:

I'd love for some of you guys who have played the game relentlessly (Looking at you Uno, and Chirizum too, among others.) to give us here at VGChartz a thread about your hands on experience of what the game is like. I remember getting Sonic & the Black Knight the day it came out, really enjoyed it, and then saw the reviews come streaming in (3.9 for IGN I believe...). Of course, the only thing I could do was write down my experience with the game (both good and bad, just what you experienced with the game) and let the members decide upon themselves.

So yeah, I'm interested in this game, but I'd love more convincing (either for or against) from those who have played the game.

I second this. It's particulary useful if it's people who have played the previous versions and can put this game in context with the other versions without feeling the need to knock it unecessarily. 

I initially played this game on PC but didn't get much time with it before my graphics card died. I've been thinking about getting it again ( i gave away my old copy) and want to know if this is worth putting my hard earned down for the Wii version as I do tend to appreciate good Wii controls or whether I should wait and get the PC version when i finallly get around to getting it fixed.  If the experience is mostly intact on the Wii i would be happy to play it on that.

This is a comment from the Treyarch developer who's been posting on GAF

fyzxwhyz said:
The comments in the IGN review about the cursor not being responsive are baffling. The low-level input filtering (the part of the code that affects the raw cursor response) is 100% identical to WAW. If the reviewer doesn't like the way it feels, that's one thing, but if he's saying its a step back from WAW, then something is fishy. The only thing I can think of is that he has his cursor sensitivity set either too high or too low. If you're feeling like the cursor itself isn't doing what you want it to, I would start by adjusting that.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=378737&page=28

this is wrong it deserves a 9

Didn't Bozon also review Modern Warfare 2? Maybe he's been spoilt? :P

PhalanxCO said:

This is a comment from the Treyarch developer who's been posting on GAF

fyzxwhyz said:
The comments in the IGN review about the cursor not being responsive are baffling. The low-level input filtering (the part of the code that affects the raw cursor response) is 100% identical to WAW. If the reviewer doesn't like the way it feels, that's one thing, but if he's saying its a step back from WAW, then something is fishy. The only thing I can think of is that he has his cursor sensitivity set either too high or too low. If you're feeling like the cursor itself isn't doing what you want it to, I would start by adjusting that.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=378737&page=28

LOL owned, and he's 100% correct.  It's really sad they're basically a foot note in this game, no Treyarch in the opening, and at the very end of the credits they're the last guys mentioned.