By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN reviews Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex (7.0/10)

Closing Comments
The original Modern Warfare is hands-down one of – if not the single best – first person shooters out there when it comes to blending an immersive story and intense multiplayer together. Unfortunately, Reflex Edition on Wii just doesn’t cut it as a Call of Duty branded game or as a top-tier Wii first-person shooter. The framerate is jumpy, the pointer tracking needs some serious polish, and while most of the elements of COD4 are included, none of them are given enough fine-tuning to truly excel. It’s obvious that World at War was given either a larger dev time, larger budget, or larger team (or all of the above) than Modern Warfare’s first stint on Wii. If you can cope with the somewhat unintuitive controls there’s a fun experience to be had. It’s just a shame that amidst the near-endless amount of customization is a ported engine that can’t offer true pointer precision.

IGN Ratings for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare -- Reflex Edition (Wii)
Rating Description
out of 10 click here for ratings guide
6.0 Presentation
The story elements, voiceover, and blockbuster moments from COD4 are here, but they’ve been stripped down and quickly ported over to Wii. Crash bugs?
6.5 Graphics
It doesn’t stand up to World at War’s use of light and particle effects, but Reflex manages to capture a lot of action in some pretty large environments. Very sloppy at times.
8.5 Sound
The voicework, musical score, and sound effects are all brought over for the most part. Some gun sounds are off, but for the most part it’s a strong audio port.
6.5 Gameplay
If you can find your perfect control scheme, the game has a lot to offer. Basic pointer control isn’t as precise as even COD3 or World at War on Wii though.
8.0 Lasting Appeal
Multiplayer is pretty impressive, and the single player offering can be fun. If you can overlook control oddities it’s worth a look. If not, there are stronger FPS offerings on Wii.
Decent
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

http://wii.ign.com/articles/104/1044522p1.html

Around the Network

Daaaaaaaaamn.

Terrible times to be a Wii owner; abysmal.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

How is a 7 bad?

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

You should read the comments.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

When Treyarch ports a game they developed for the HD twins then ports it to Wii, it's good.

When Treyarch ports a game Infinity Ward developed for the HD twins to Wii, it's meh.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:
When Treyarch ports a game they developed for the HD twins then ports it to Wii, it's good.

When Treyarch ports a game Infinity Ward developed for the HD twins to Wii, it's meh.

Apparently, from reading previous comments, it's the other way around. They can work on good material!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

I knew it. We were hypeing the right game. Take that guy with donut avatar. Though is this bias in any way

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

SHMUPGurus said:
SmokedHostage said:

Apparently, from reading previous comments, it's the other way around. They can work on good material!

I guess you're right.  Also my statement doesn't hold true when we talk about Quantum of Solace.

Pixel Art can be fun.

not gonna get this right away

7 is good, I dont see why you are all complaining