By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN reviews Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex (7.0/10)

FACT: ALL the sites that scored MWR so far, scored it ABOVE TC (at metacritics) except everyere that gave the same score to both.
FACT: Only IGN dared to score TC above MWR.
FACT:ONLY IGN IS THANKED INGAME WHEN YOU BEAT TC.

draw your own conclussions

Around the Network
intro94 said:

shock* HVS staff gives the competition a lower score! OMG why ?hows that possible??
Seriously ,both Matt and Bozom are on THE CONDUIT CREDITS, what
did you expect them to do? they had to lie to excuse the score lower than TC.Isnt it just fishy our a BIG coincidence than 2 outlets gave MWR 90 and another 80 and magically IGN gives the scores Inversed(TC higher than MW?) Please guys think!

Not sure if he worked on the game directly, but that does mean a conflict of interest, thus making the review suspect at the very least.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

IGN were the first source with an online review of the game, they've gotten a boatload of hits in the last couple of days, including a few from me reading through the pages of comments unanimously deriding the review as a sham.

If I were cynical I would say that wii.ign decided that people were going to buy this game regardless of their review and decided to milk the hits. If so Bozon is sitting in his office this morning with a smug mission-accomplished-like grin on his face.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
blunty51 said:
Kenology said:
I'm buying this game on Sunday along with NSMB Wii for sure.

I read the IGN review earlier today and I went through each and every comment on the reviews page and there is a mutiny going on over there. The people who own this game have UNANIMOUSLY called this review out as being utter and complete BS.

I think Boz reviewed an early version and not the in-store build. Never have I seen this type of backlash against a usually fair and balanced reviewer (except for his lame Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn review)

Wow that's good talk, there's a lot of level-headed disagreements towards the review there.

Something seems fishy, he probably really got some early version, I mean the screenshot is from the infamous pre-beta screens that everyone bashed a while back. Why would that even be there?

Actually he went out and bought it from what he said, he has the same copy as everyone else.

Perhaps he has a case of anal-soreness because Activision didn't grace them with a review copy.  I mean come on, they're IGN, what was Activision thinking?? /sarcasm

hsrob said:

IGN were the first source with an online review of the game, they've gotten a boatload of hits in the last couple of days, including a few from me reading through the pages of comments unanimously deriding the review as a sham.

If I were cynical I would say that wii.ign decided that people were going to buy this game regardless of their review and decided to milk the hits. If so Bozon is sitting in his office this morning with a smug mission-accomplished-like grin on his face.

Oh, a troll. I'm glad I didn't click the review then.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Around the Network
PhalanxCO said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
blunty51 said:
Kenology said:
I'm buying this game on Sunday along with NSMB Wii for sure.

I read the IGN review earlier today and I went through each and every comment on the reviews page and there is a mutiny going on over there. The people who own this game have UNANIMOUSLY called this review out as being utter and complete BS.

I think Boz reviewed an early version and not the in-store build. Never have I seen this type of backlash against a usually fair and balanced reviewer (except for his lame Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn review)

Wow that's good talk, there's a lot of level-headed disagreements towards the review there.

Something seems fishy, he probably really got some early version, I mean the screenshot is from the infamous pre-beta screens that everyone bashed a while back. Why would that even be there?

Actually he went out and bought it from what he said, he has the same copy as everyone else.

Perhaps he has a case of anal-soreness because Activision didn't grace them with a review copy.  I mean come on, they're IGN, what was Activision thinking?? /sarcasm

Haha it probably came in today, I got my review copy today but I decided that it'd be most efficient to buy the game, so we could review it ASAP, and do extensive gameplay since I spend a few days with every game I review to make sure I'm discrediting a game before giving it it's due.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Hey guys. I did a quick review of MWii.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/gamereviewdisp.php?id=39017&reviewid=753

I havent played the singleplayer enough but read on!

uno said:
Hey guys. I did a quick review of MWii.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/gamereviewdisp.php?id=39017&reviewid=753

I havent played the singleplayer enough but read on!

"Some large objects have blurry textures while some small objects will have crisp textures."

Most 3D games I play are like that. Since larger objects need a hell of a lot more texturing, that's what needs to be done for it to work.

He must have downloaded some not-so-functional early version of the game or something, otherwise why would he use that old screen?