By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FOX News : MW2 allows 8 Year olds to become TERRORISTS!!!

And it ends here. We get back on track or we get banned from the rails.

Seriously, why isn't anyone watching this!?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

Spoiler-

theres a reason the game is rated M... also its not like they glorified it... you get a bullet in your head at the end-

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

that video was deplorable. That guy did a really good job amid that barrel of yes men.

This just in.....

FOX allows Parents to buy mature rated games (rated 17+) for their 8 year olds and then blame the game!  Says it is the job of video game developers to raise our children.

Those ratings are there for a reason. If you let your kid play a game for adults, they are going to experience things meant for adults. FOX news sucks... so does Glenn Beck.

Hmmm I hate both Activision and Fox news with all my heart but who shoud I stand behind....Meh I choose Activision from the fact of how Fox News has acted for a long time....Anyway on topic....Shouldn't you be blaming the parent for letting a child to play this stuff?

Former something....

Around the Network

How does it allow 8 year olds to be terrorists when the game is rated M?

coolbeans said:

*Sigh* I honestly hope your joking about your edit now to be honest.  You can say whatever you want about the guy but it's the same old, same old smear campaign that's been done multiple times.  Of course you can prove "some shit" to be untrue, then again with journalism these days you never know. 

I'm sorry, that's what he does.

Except people catch most of the BS and prove him wrong.

Like, how many people marched on washington.

"Grassroots" organizations

Saying Obama came up with "czars", then using that to link him to communism.

stof said:

You know guys, you can illustrate the bat shit insanery of Glenn Beck without portraying yourselves, the supposedly rational side, as people who think child rape is a great way to illustrate a point.

Besides, was it even Glenn beck who did this piece? Can we swing it back to Fox's populist fact twisting tendencies? Controversies are so much better when you invent them yourselves. Gives you more creative control.

Again

Remember this!?

OMG WOW.....I have no words

he tried n tried but couldn't get anywhere!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

ha i love the bashing for fox news. some huge slanted democrats here i guess. funny how all the other stations are in trouble right now in ratings because the american people have finally realized how slanted and bullshit they are, and not reporting news or quickly throwing news aside because it may paint a certain party member in bad light. so they are watching fox news. and the government is trying to figure out a way to get the veiwers to watch the other new stations again even thought about bail out.

now if that doesn't sound like its biased news if a station is kept afloat by a government funding. huh i wonder if they may be presenting the news in how the government wants it to be told. and no i don't watch much news at all, so don't watch any of the stations.

but wtf guys, didn't watch and i'm sure as all news does they blow it out of proportion and sway facts a bit if not a lot. But fact of matter is, this game will be owned by millions of underage kids. you play as a terrorist whether undercover or not. you can kill innocnet people in the game.

sorry but i personally find that worse than any coffee house or sex in any video game. They should have to pull all games from shelves and do what the german game did, if you shoot an innocent its game over. I've played games that have it where you shoot an innocent or innocent person dies its game over start mission over. And that would be better. Does an undercover person going around killing innocent people send a good message? hell no, it shows that if your doing it for a reason killing innocent people is okay. Say wha tyou want about csi, or other shows on tv, they never have the good guys killing innocent people on purpose.

irstupid said:
ha i love the bashing for fox news. some huge slanted democrats here i guess. funny how all the other stations are in trouble right now in ratings because the american people have finally realized how slanted and bullshit they are, and not reporting news or quickly throwing news aside because it may paint a certain party member in bad light. so they are watching fox news. and the government is trying to figure out a way to get the veiwers to watch the other new stations again even thought about bail out.

now if that doesn't sound like its biased news if a station is kept afloat by a government funding. huh i wonder if they may be presenting the news in how the government wants it to be told. and no i don't watch much news at all, so don't watch any of the stations.

but wtf guys, didn't watch and i'm sure as all news does they blow it out of proportion and sway facts a bit if not a lot. But fact of matter is, this game will be owned by millions of underage kids. you play as a terrorist whether undercover or not. you can kill innocnet people in the game.

sorry but i personally find that worse than any coffee house or sex in any video game. They should have to pull all games from shelves and do what the german game did, if you shoot an innocent its game over. I've played games that have it where you shoot an innocent or innocent person dies its game over start mission over. And that would be better. Does an undercover person going around killing innocent people send a good message? hell no, it shows that if your doing it for a reason killing innocent people is okay. Say wha tyou want about csi, or other shows on tv, they never have the good guys killing innocent people on purpose.

Do you have proof that news stations are in trouble and have taken government funding?

EDIT: Ad funding is down industry-wide, if you didn't know. My question is, do you have proof of what you are saying? That the drop is caused by what you say it is.