By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5: Prologue sells 4.17 million copies.

letsdance said:
High as in 25% downloaded. I would think less than 1/4th would DL.

Agreed. Going by how amazing PSP Go is doing, very few people probably like to download their games vs a hard copy.

Around the Network

I have heard many times that the GT has lost popularity, but I just realized, GT4 is the 2nd most popular version.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

i wish gt5 would release this holiday, but that would be late 2010

here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay  here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay

Looks like GT5P wasn't as well received in america as japan & europe (by looking at previous title sales). If this continues for the full version this could affect sales estimates by several million.

eggs2see said:
Looks like GT5P wasn't as well received in america as japan & europe (by looking at previous title sales). If this continues for the full version this could affect sales estimates by several million.

... first time Prologue was released in NA so I dont know what you are comparing.

Around the Network
eggs2see said:

as compared to what other version?

I'll be waiting.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
tedsteriscool said:
letsdance said:

Agreed. Going by how amazing PSP Go is doing, very few people probably like to download their games vs a hard copy.

There's a difference between liking downloading games and limiting it as your only option. 

RVDondaPC said:
tedsteriscool said:
letsdance said:

There's a difference between liking downloading games and limiting it as your only option. 

But it isnt their only option. They can get a PSP 3000 and hard copies of a game or PSP Go and digital download. It's no different than being able to choose between a disc and online download of a game.

@tedsteriscool - remember you can get a PSP 3000 and have access to hard copies and digital copies of games OR you can get a PSP Go and be limited to digital copies.

It is because of this that you cannot judge or predict the amount the digital downloads happening based off PSP Go sales (since your ignoring 50+ million potential consumers)

Interesting, should add to the speculation in the "Will FM3 outsell GT5:P?" thread.