By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5: Prologue sells 4.17 million copies.

eggs2see said:
Looks like GT5P wasn't as well received in america as japan & europe (by looking at previous title sales). If this continues for the full version this could affect sales estimates by several million.

Your joke isn't very funny.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

O_o Already!

This game just keeps selling. GT5 3 million first week?

Don't be so silly Gilgamesh, GT5 will be lucky to pass 2 million first week, it will however EASILY have the best legs of any PS3 title released now or releasing in the future......yes.

RPG said:
Don't be so silly Gilgamesh, GT5 will be lucky to pass 2 million first week, it will however EASILY have the best legs of any PS3 title released now or releasing in the future......yes.

Come on.

GT5p did 655k first week on a ww user base of 11 million. 

400k in Europe on a 4.5 million user base, now that is 400 k on ONE days release in Europe.

Fanboyism aside, 2 million will be easy.

And honestly Prologue is maybe 5% of what the full game will feature.

nooooo 3 million first week is unlikely without japan's support...
dam SCEA and their "marketing"

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Around the Network

Japan: 500K

America: 750K

Others: 1.5 million

Total: 2.75 million first week

^Seems somewhat reasonable, anyone agree?

gustave154 said:
nooooo 3 million first week is unlikely without japan's support...
dam SCEA and their "marketing"

500/700k - Japan
1 million - NA
2ish million - Auto land

your 3 million is a cake walk.

I've been trying to tell people in othe GT threads how much does this actually mean to the actual GT panorama.
A prologue, which many people called a "glorified demo" (with more content in terms of cars than most NFS games) managed to do 4M+ even if it's factoring the DD and the bundles.
Being that, once GT5 releases, the userbase of the PS3 is going to be almost triple of the userbase when GT5:p released, and almost triple of the userbase of the PS2 when GT3 released (the best GT game so far), this game is going to sell immensily well.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
I've been trying to tell people in othe GT threads how much does this actually mean to the actual GT panorama.
A prologue, which many people called a "glorified demo" (with more content in terms of cars than most NFS games) managed to do 4M+ even if it's factoring the DD and the bundles.
Being that, once GT5 releases, the userbase of the PS3 is going to be almost triple of the userbase when GT5:p released, and almost triple of the userbase of the PS2 when GT3 released (the best GT game so far), this game is going to sell immensily well.

Tell me what you think.

Are they just that dense or fanboys, casue its not rocket science.

GT5 has so much going for it.

Hasn't this thread been done 2 or 3 times before already, it's getting old now. We get you love the game but the figures on the site aren't getting adjusted.