By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5: Prologue sells 4.17 million copies.

letsdance said:
slowmo said:
Hasn't this thread been done 2 or 3 times before already, it's getting old now. We get you love the game but the figures on the site aren't getting adjusted.

Dont see how its been done multiple times when these numbers JUST came out. before now the numbers were 3.91. And I don't see you entering FM3 threads saying they are over done. hypocrite. Quit trolling the thread.

So you admit people have posted this source several times to try and get adjustments done?

I don't recall ever posting in a thread that had third party numbers for Forza 3 so I don't see the relevance to your point, in fact the only time I mentioned Forza sales I think was in reference to it could outsell GT5p if bundled yet would be hugely outsold by GT5 (my opinion on this isn't up for debate in this thread).  You've just trolled my reasonable post that didn't insult you in anyway so I think we know who the real hypocrite is in here.  Since when was it acceptable to censor peoples right to an opinion in your threads just because they don't meet the OP's agenda.

Finally this is a SALES discussion so I have every right to question the motives for you posting numbers that aren't from this site.

Around the Network

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Will this soften the sales of GT4 final release, or will it just whet the appetites of those wanting more than what's in the Prologue version?

crumas2 said:
Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Will this soften the sales of GT4 final release, or will it just whet the appetites of those wanting more than what's in the Prologue version?

Well lets say she teased you, let you kiss her let you feel that booty for a second.

Don't you want the full experience after that.

slowmo said:
letsdance said:
slowmo said:
Hasn't this thread been done 2 or 3 times before already, it's getting old now. We get you love the game but the figures on the site aren't getting adjusted.

Dont see how its been done multiple times when these numbers JUST came out. before now the numbers were 3.91. And I don't see you entering FM3 threads saying they are over done. hypocrite. Quit trolling the thread.

So you admit people have posted this source several times to try and get adjustments done?

Finally this is a SALES discussion so I have every right to question the motives for you posting numbers that aren't from this site.

Its not about adjuetments its about full GT5p sales with PSN sales included, not just retail.

its actually a gloat, look GT5p did this much sales.  No one is arguing for any adjustments. 

slowmo said:
letsdance said:
slowmo said:

I don't recall ever posting in a thread that had third party numbers for Forza 3 so I don't see the relevance to your point, in fact the only time I mentioned Forza sales I think was in reference to it could outsell GT5p if bundled yet would be hugely outsold by GT5 (my opinion on this isn't up for debate in this thread).  You've just trolled my reasonable post that didn't insult you in anyway so I think we know who the real hypocrite is in here.  Since when was it acceptable to censor peoples right to an opinion in your threads just because they don't meet the OP's agenda.

Are you trolling, because not even a blind bat with horrible reading comprehension and political ambitions  could twist his responce into that. :s

In fact, you seem to be the only one here who cries about having the VGCz numbers (not)adjusted(because it would give you sleepless nights?), Where as everyone else seem to be using the numbers for speculations about how GT5 will faire(not mentioning of the VGCz numbers) and what would be a better basis for this than the numbers from the horse's own mouth?

Please don't give the rest of us 360 only guys a bad rep. :s

Around the Network

so it DID outsell F2 after all!

dobby985 said:
so it DID outsell F2 after all!

and these numbers are from sept. The game still sells. It has 2 more quarters to sell more.

OctaBech said:
slowmo said:
letsdance said:
slowmo said:

Are you trolling, because not even a blind bat with horrible reading comprehension and political ambitions  could twist his responce into that. :s

In fact, you seem to be the only one here who cries about having the VGCz numbers (not)adjusted(because it would give you sleepless nights?), Where as everyone else seem to be using the numbers for speculations about how GT5 will faire(not mentioning of the VGCz numbers) and what would be a better basis for this than the numbers from the horse's own mouth?

Please don't give the rest of us 360 only guys a bad rep. :s

I have a Wii, PC, 360 and PS3 so I'm not one of you 360 only guys.  If you struggle with reading comprehension thats your problem not mine and to be honest all I see is you trolling into a discussion between me and the OP.  He insulted me in his thread, I responded, thats not my problem.  It would seem given he has posted after my comment he has chosen to ignore me which his perogative, it doesn't require you to defend his opinion if he so chooses to express it.

Out of interest do you actually understand why he knows the figures were 3.91 until recently and just as importantly have you read the previous threads on this subject at all.  Once you have done and seen the posts in those threads you will understand where this thread was going.  I suggest you know all the facts before picking a "side".

This shows why they are in no hurry to release full version with 4M copies sold and some of them through DD where 100% of price goes to Sony this already brought at least 60 millions $ probably covering whole or majority of development cost.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Most of these sales must be bargain bin. The game hardly even charted that much in Europe that I remember?

What was it's highest NPD? Not more than 200k I think. Then I think it dropped out of NPD forever after one month IIRC.

Hard to see where 4+m is coming from. Must be shipped figures and about 1 million are sitting on store shelves?

GT series is definitely losing a lot of steam, with the PSP version bombing as well.

But yeah these are definitely shipments not sales if theyre from the manufactorers website.