By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Modern Warfe 2 Graphics. Give it a rest. It's awesome.

Squilliam said:
Ladies and gentlemen this has to be the best engine of the generation. It works on 3 platforms splendidly with every technical checkbox you'd want.

Low latency -> This hasn't been confirmed yet...
60FPS -------> Yes but with noticable drops when action is on screen
3 platforms -> Yes, good overall work from IW

Killzone 2 may be a great single player engine, but this is an unparelleled multiplayer engine. There is no equal to this games engine for multiplayer -> Well, this game engine only support 9x9 matches, why ? True that MW2 multiplayer modes are fine but this is not the definitive multiplayer engine, IMHO KZ2 multiplayer is more challenging than MW2's one.

Around the Network

@SpartanFX:

Well said  

Uncharted 2 kills MW2 in graphics but in online game play, MW2 kills Uncharted 2.

Selnor, you have an annoying tendency to spark off these graphics discussions with hyperbole and deception.

It won't escape 99% of posters on here that you are very much in the 360 camp, and such is the light in which your attempt to degrade Killzone 2 shall be seen in. That title is demonstrably better than MW2 for textures, smoke & particles, lighting, reflections, etc. Yet you stick your head in the sand and maintain at length that MW2 is second only to Uncharted 2.

Don't think for a second that this thread isn't seen for the agenda you're following, that anyone is swayed by your entirely refutable claims, and that posters with even a shred of neutrality will look on your empty words and be convinced.

We've seen this all before. Forza 3 had "the best graphics EVA!!!!!!1111" right?

Right.

Oh, and to top it off:

"Cant wait till I can afford to buy it myself" - Selnor.

That you've created this conflict without having even placed the disc in your console to see it with your own eyes reveals your contribution in this thread for the incendiary nonsense that it is.

b0ub0u said:
LOL I can't believe I am reading 7 pages of people comparing the graphics between games.. and not once anyone said anything about the framerate.

Guys... you have to realize that this game run at a constant 60 fps... Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2 both run at 30 fps. So COD is the clear winner here. BY FAR. I just cannot play a first person shooter at 30 fps. It manage to have all those details.. and still run at a contant 60 fps... this is truly a great accomplishment from Infinity Ward. I wish more companies would do the same. But no... because the most majority of people don't give a damn about framerate. They are satisfied with their below 30 fps GTA IV. LOL. There is no reason for a game to be bellow 60 fps. Anyway it is clear that some people do not see the difference...

And don't call me a fanboy because I won't even be buying Modern Warfare 2, as I only play first person shooters on my PC. I may get it on PC eventually.

^this

The game is a masterpiece, the graphics are by far the best this generation on console, it runs at 60FPS with all that detail, KZ2 and Unchartered 2 run at 30FPS, so yes, MW2 is far better hence why reviewers are calling MW2 the new benchmark.

Around the Network
FKNetwork said:
b0ub0u said:
LOL I can't believe I am reading 7 pages of people comparing the graphics between games.. and not once anyone said anything about the framerate.

Guys... you have to realize that this game run at a constant 60 fps... Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2 both run at 30 fps. So COD is the clear winner here. BY FAR. I just cannot play a first person shooter at 30 fps. It manage to have all those details.. and still run at a contant 60 fps... this is truly a great accomplishment from Infinity Ward. I wish more companies would do the same. But no... because the most majority of people don't give a damn about framerate. They are satisfied with their below 30 fps GTA IV. LOL. There is no reason for a game to be bellow 60 fps. Anyway it is clear that some people do not see the difference...

And don't call me a fanboy because I won't even be buying Modern Warfare 2, as I only play first person shooters on my PC. I may get it on PC eventually.

^this

The game is a masterpiece, the graphics are by far the best this generation on console, it runs at 60FPS with all that detail, KZ2 and Unchartered 2 run at 30FPS, so yes, MW2 is far better hence why reviewers are calling MW2 the new benchmark.

don't get too excited,,,,it's not.when i see those low res, pixaletd textures everywhere, it can not be called graphics king or what ever.you want awesome graphics play uncharted 2,,,,even killzone 2 kills MW2,,,,,i don't care what frame rate it runs when i m playing the game.no screen tearing and  very smooth in both KZ2 and U2.

I think MW2 is the best looking shooter in this gen. And only Uncharted 2 can outmatch it in grafix.

I think MW2 is the best looking shooter in this gen. And only Uncharted 2 can outmatch it in grafix.

I like the fact that MW2 is more varied, and it's certainly the best looking MULTIPLATFORM game this generation so far, but I don't think it outclasses Killzone 2 (you'd be stretching it a bit to even say it's on par) and it certainly isn't better than Uncharted 2 (which reigns supreme in my book, given the graphics outright performance and how they used different angles and things like that to show how awesome it looks, something KZ2 failed to do imo).

One area (which could count as graphics) that MW2 is better than those 2 games is sheer scope of it's levels (and how good all of it looks). Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2 both have amazing levels, but some of the levels in Modern Warfare 2 seem Gigantic and they all look good. I must give credit for that because I didn't feel like I was constantly being shoved down a defined path (which is definitely the case with MW1, KZ2 and Uncharted 2.)

So yeah, Best multiplatform game graphics, not the best graphics. Pretty amazing stuff though (I doubt guerilla or Naughty Dog would be able to keep that sort of consistency for both consoles if they did multiplatform games).

Slimebeast said:
Slimebeast said:
No contest. Bad Company 2.

And bear in mind it has bigger open areas with huge line of sight but still looks a lot better.

Oh you kidder ;D