By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Modern Warfe 2 Graphics. Give it a rest. It's awesome.

bobobologna said:
Squilliam said:
How can you say Killzone 2 has better lighting when so much of it was prebaked?

You say this as if almost every game out there doesn't use pre-baked lighting.

@ Selnor:  GameTrailers didn't say that the game looked almost as good as Uncharted 2.  They said that the attention to detail is almost as good as Uncharted 2.  Graphically, they said that while the game still looks stunning, "the wow factor has been quelled a bit."

EDIT:  BTW, I think MW2 looks fantastic, even if the engine is showing it's age.

I never said GT said MW2 was as good as Uncharted 2, I said close. When a game is compared to the best graphics this gen and it's said quelled a bit. That is praise indeed. There actual words were, no other game except Uncharted 2 comes colse in attention to detail. That means no other game is as detailed as MW2 and Uncharted 2. Now yes I got the impression that GT thinks U2 is better graphically. But not by much. Thats the impression they gave. After all GT gave this for presentation scores.

MW2 = 9.8

KZ2 = 9.8

So they rate them the same.

Around the Network
libellule said:
YOUR VIDEO is taken from the PC version !!!

The full damage control of the 360 fans trying to get the crown back ... so pathetic ...

and after, they call me a fanboy ...

For memory :

PC king : Crisis
Console king : Uncharted2

Let's wait Forza4 selnor will you ...

Actually it asn't. The guy was found out. He states it was and a resolution on PC he claimed he used. And some posters on Youtube who know him told the truth. Read the comments on Youtube. He tried to claim he used the 360 mod pad. But it was bollocks.

Having played a the first 7-8 missions of the campeign and playing a good bit online, the graphics are not a huge leap forward from what was shown 2 years ago. They were among the best at that time but now, they are just really good without being groundbreaking. I love how they have so much going on, and the ashes from burning trees really caught my eye as well as massive explosions and the best burger king menu in a game ever. lol

Seriously, the game technically, and visually isn't anywhere near top dog. It's the art direction and how much is going on at any given time on the screen.

PS3 Trophies

selnor said:
bobobologna said:
Squilliam said:
How can you say Killzone 2 has better lighting when so much of it was prebaked?

You say this as if almost every game out there doesn't use pre-baked lighting.

@ Selnor:  GameTrailers didn't say that the game looked almost as good as Uncharted 2.  They said that the attention to detail is almost as good as Uncharted 2.  Graphically, they said that while the game still looks stunning, "the wow factor has been quelled a bit."

EDIT:  BTW, I think MW2 looks fantastic, even if the engine is showing it's age.

I never said GT said MW2 was as good as Uncharted 2, I said close. When a game is compared to the best graphics this gen and it's said quelled a bit. That is praise indeed. There actual words were, no other game except Uncharted 2 comes colse in attention to detail. That means no other game is as detailed as MW2 and Uncharted 2. Now yes I got the impression that GT thinks U2 is better graphically. But not by much. Thats the impression they gave. After all GT gave this for presentation scores.

MW2 = 9.8

KZ2 = 9.8

So they rate them the same.

No, they don't think that MW2 is almost as good looking as Uncharted 2.  Attention to details does not equal graphics.  It completely ignores everything about graphics including art style, polygon counts, textures, shaders, rendering techniques, etc.

If you had correctly read my post, you would have seen that I never accused you of saying that MW2 was as good looking as Uncharted 2.

And honestly, no one cares what score GameTrailers gives MW2.  Giving MW2 a 9.5 and Uncharted 2 a 9.3 is a huge joke (overall scores).  Not because I think Uncharted 2 is better than MW2 (haven't played MW2) but because of the reason GameTrailers used when justifying their 9.3 for Uncharted 2 (not innovative enough).  Seriously, how the hell is MW2 any more innovative than Uncharted 2?  GameTrailers is bullshit when it comes to scoring games.  If they honestly don't think that Uncharted 2 is that great, then fine, even reviewers are allowed their own opinion.  I know that it's personally not even one of my top 3 PS3 games.  But don't give bullshit reasons like "lacks innovation" to cover your ass.

Excuse me for ranting about GT.

Looks good but definitely no kz2, I mean c'mon..

Around the Network

Haven't played MW2, but based off the video Selnor posted in the OP that is supposed to prove his point, I'm going with Killzone 2.

MW2 does look very pretty, though. Love the DOF effect.

from the scores coming out looks like one other game should have gotten out of infinity wards way.

Yep, i'm a girl

How does Modern Warfare 2 have good graphics? It runs sub-HD, has textures similar to many PS2 games and it's obvious that it has a low polygon count as you can see from looking at your fellow squad members octagonal heads. I can say though that faces look good as do the guns and the frame-rate is nice. What Modern Warfare 2 does is look good from afar. The moment you look at anything close up it looks ugly

Just my 2-cents

GT scored U2 lower than MW2 and reason is for being "not innovative"?.....LOL gaming is turning into a popularity contest.

here are some gifs from KZ2:

look at the lighting engine:

explosion:

hit responce:

particle effect: