By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Modern Warfe 2 Graphics. Give it a rest. It's awesome.

SpartanFX said:
FKNetwork said:
b0ub0u said:
LOL I can't believe I am reading 7 pages of people comparing the graphics between games.. and not once anyone said anything about the framerate.

Guys... you have to realize that this game run at a constant 60 fps... Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2 both run at 30 fps. So COD is the clear winner here. BY FAR. I just cannot play a first person shooter at 30 fps. It manage to have all those details.. and still run at a contant 60 fps... this is truly a great accomplishment from Infinity Ward. I wish more companies would do the same. But no... because the most majority of people don't give a damn about framerate. They are satisfied with their below 30 fps GTA IV. LOL. There is no reason for a game to be bellow 60 fps. Anyway it is clear that some people do not see the difference...

And don't call me a fanboy because I won't even be buying Modern Warfare 2, as I only play first person shooters on my PC. I may get it on PC eventually.

^this

The game is a masterpiece, the graphics are by far the best this generation on console, it runs at 60FPS with all that detail, KZ2 and Unchartered 2 run at 30FPS, so yes, MW2 is far better hence why reviewers are calling MW2 the new benchmark.

don't get too excited,,,,it's not.when i see those low res, pixaletd textures everywhere, it can not be called graphics king or what ever.you want awesome graphics play uncharted 2,,,,even killzone 2 kills MW2,,,,,i don't care what frame rate it runs when i m playing the game.no screen tearing and  very smooth in both KZ2 and U2.

LOL, I've played them all and stick to what I said:

The game is a masterpiece, the graphics are by far the best this generation on console, it runs at 60FPS with all that detail, KZ2 and Unchartered 2 run at 30FPS, so yes, MW2 is far better hence why reviewers are calling MW2 the new benchmark.

60FPS ------> 30FPS any day

Around the Network

Honestly I am going to believe the people saying the graphics are amazing over those that say they aren't. There's no reason for anyone to skew their opinion in favor of CoD unless they are telling the truth.

FKNetwork said:
SpartanFX said:
FKNetwork said:
b0ub0u said:
LOL I can't believe I am reading 7 pages of people comparing the graphics between games.. and not once anyone said anything about the framerate.

Guys... you have to realize that this game run at a constant 60 fps... Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2 both run at 30 fps. So COD is the clear winner here. BY FAR. I just cannot play a first person shooter at 30 fps. It manage to have all those details.. and still run at a contant 60 fps... this is truly a great accomplishment from Infinity Ward. I wish more companies would do the same. But no... because the most majority of people don't give a damn about framerate. They are satisfied with their below 30 fps GTA IV. LOL. There is no reason for a game to be bellow 60 fps. Anyway it is clear that some people do not see the difference...

And don't call me a fanboy because I won't even be buying Modern Warfare 2, as I only play first person shooters on my PC. I may get it on PC eventually.

^this

don't get too excited,,,,it's not.when i see those low res, pixaletd textures everywhere, it can not be called graphics king or what ever.you want awesome graphics play uncharted 2,,,,even killzone 2 kills MW2,,,,,i don't care what frame rate it runs when i m playing the game.no screen tearing and  very smooth in both KZ2 and U2.

lol why are some people so desperate to say that a multiplatform game is better in graphics than killzone 2
haha lol why are people so desperate for a multiplatform game to beat killzone 2 graphics wise?

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

FKNetwork said:

What reviewers called MW2 the new benchmark for console graphics?

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

Just like the first one this game looks great. Of couse the gameplay is what makes it one of the best Fps. The multiplayer is definately the new standard for console shooters.

Around the Network
WereKitten said:
FKNetwork said:

What reviewers called MW2 the new benchmark for console graphics?

None. It's foolish.

Just watched a friend playing it on 360.

It's not even close to Killzone 2.

If you think it is, go back and play Killzone 2 again, because clearly you've forgotten just how purdy it is.

SpartanFX said:
FKNetwork said:
b0ub0u said:

^this

No one's denying that MW2 has a better frame rate, but that's only one aspect of a game's graphics.

The game that is more aesthetically pleasing is the game that has better graphics, and that game is Killzone 2.

(Also, personally, I actually can't see any difference between 60FPS and 30FPS. Not sure why, because I know some people swear by 60FPS.)

Carl2291 said:
golfgt170 said:
IGN scores for Graphics:

UC2: 10, 10, 10
KZ2: 10, 10, 9.5
MW2: 10, 9.5, 9.0

Well, there we have it.

Seeing that this thread is based on reviews... IGN overall thinks...

Uncharted 2 > Killzone 2 > Modern Warfare 2.

/Thread

Like to add MGS4 had 10,10 & 10 aswell :p.

(Ive played modern warfare 2 at a friends, at an internet café LAN 4 vs 4 and the game just doesnt really come up to KZ2 and obviously not to U2. Selnor probably havent played KZ2 or U2 as much as we PS fanboys have so its only natrual for him to be impressed whilst we disagree ^^.)