By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Whoa, did the numbers just change a bunch?

My take is ioi feels he undertracked other sales, and boosted them proportionately based on how much he felt he undertracked from the shipment data...

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

aha, i knew the others had been boosted!

and both 360 and ps3 barely got a boost, but hell the wii got huge....

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Whoa, didn't notice the others change. That is crazy, wii outsold the PS3 by an extremely large margin in others if that is the case. What's up with that change? Did he find some large error in his calculation or something and go back and revise them? I wonder if ioi will make a public statement.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Also strangely looking at the financial analysis news post the frontpage has wii selling more units than it's shipped world wide. Maybe they took shipped world wide numbers through 9/30 and added this months sales to them, but that seems a wii bit generous....sorry about the pun, I am ashamed.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

There can never be enough wii puns! And yeah, what is up with the numbers?

Around the Network

i have to agree, a wii bit generous...........man that sucks =P

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

I hope ioi realizes even though nintendo says they've sold 13.4 million or whatever the total was, the system is no longer sold out in every place in the world. It's readily available in Japan for example, where it's been doing 20-30k for weeks on top of all the reports of people there who see them in stores all the time now.

If nintendo's financial report totals were from shipped consoles then haven't sold the number they stated yet in terms of units in consumers hands.

I'm curious if Nintendo had said they sold 18 million if ioi would just change it to that because they said so. Is he really admitting he was off by a whole 700-800k consoles while only being off by 100-200k for 360/PS3?

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

Yeah I am confused about this as well. I hope an explanation is given as to what happened for such a big change. And I still have yet to see a Wii in stores so I believe that they could sell all that are produced that quickly.

PC Gamer

it looks like he didn't take it at exact shipment numbers so much as took it as if it had an extremely high sell through rate and then added this months numbers to it.

I still hope ioi makes some kind of statement about the changes and the reasons that went into them.

Nintendo has shipped about 14.5 million systems as of last week's data so it still leaves a healthy supply on the shelves in PAL/JP regions.

Financial numbers = sold to retail as of 9/30. Front-page numbers = sold to customers as of 10/20. They'll both be about the same, 'cause the sell-through to customer numbers are smaller but have a few weeks' extra data.