By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - People are so ignorant that I get cracked up by it everyday...

Let us clear up a few things that people seem to not understand.

Microsoft has NOTHING to do with the recent Arcade deals going on at Wal-Mart and Amazon. Wal-Mart did this as an early black friday deal and Amazon followed suit to match them. Secondly, the deal was not for a $99 Arcade, it was a NORMAL priced $199 Arcade that came with a $100 gift card that had to be used on DIFFERENT purchases.

Next item up: Microsoft has not lowered the price of the Arcade or any of their SKUs and there has not even been a rumor that says that are even thinking of another price cut. There is no reason for MS to lower the price on their SKUs since they are acutally making PROFIT on their hardware. Sony may be selling more hardware, but too bad they are still LOSING money on every unit sold. So, all Sony is doing by selling more units is losing more money. I believe that was the dumbest thing they could ever do since they were posting a loss in every single quarter as a company already.

MS doesn't need another price cut at the moment, but they could put a dagger in Sony at any time considering they have been profitable on hardware for quite a while now, is making massive money with exclusives like ODST, will outsell PS3 2 to 1 with MW2 starting tonight, have Left 4 Dead 2 next week, doing well with other exclusives like Forza 3, and we can't forget that as a company are raking in massive profits because of the recently released Windows 7 operating system that will surpass XP as the number 1 operating system in the world in the next 1-2 years easily.

To make things short, MS is doing great money wise, Sony is drowning in losses, so even if PS3 outsells the 360 for the holidays or the year it doesn't matter because MS wins either way in terms of major profits compared to major losses...

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

Around the Network

You don't seem to understand. Everything that Microsoft does from now on is to counter the PS3 price cut. Even if they aren't doing anything >.>

That is why they released Windows 7

this isn't a zero sum game.

Doesn't matter - folks want to hate on the 360 and MS for everything. That's cool. I thought a sell was a sell? Doesn't matter if it's listed on craigslist or eBay - doesn't matter if it's to replace an RROD 360 - someone paid cash for it and it tallies as a sell. Big deal.

lol logic on vgchartz? blasphemy!

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Around the Network

so let's put it clear :

Walmart is not MS : I has been said but I agree some people didn't get it
I think it is fair to ask oursleve the question

MS cuting their price : it can be done at any moment
it is not because you are making profit on hardware thart can't cut the price
(have you ever heard about the Wii ?)
so your point is bullshit
what can be said is that it is easier to cut the price of a product you are making money on (at worst you are getting less moneyfor nothing) than to cut the price of a product sold at loss (PS3) because aqt worst you are losing EVEN MORE money for nothing !
At the very end : you cut the price when you think it is right moment to do it
whether MS will do it OR whether MS need it, is another question ...

final thread rating : 10/20

Time to Work !

Then why are all walmart ads assosiated with the XBOX 360?

mM
leo-j said:

perhaos an internal decision like the PS3 gift card last year

Time to Work !

leo-j said:

perhaps an external decision like the ps3 giftcard last year

libellule said:
leo-j said:

perhaos an internal decision like the PS3 gift card last year

I'm not talking about gift cards, I am talking about advertisement, every ad walmart has shown has been about the XBOX 360 "The best family console with the best games, come get it at walmart, XBOX 360 JUMP IN" I've been seeing those ads ever since October

mM