By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - People are so ignorant that I get cracked up by it everyday...

kowenicki said:
leo-j said:
libellule said:
leo-j said:
Then why are all walmart ads assosiated with the XBOX 360?

perhaos an internal decision like the PS3 gift card last year

I'm not talking about gift cards, I am talking about advertisement, every ad walmart has shown has been about the XBOX 360 "The best family console with the best games, come get it at walmart, XBOX 360 JUMP IN" I've been seeing those ads ever since October

its not rocket science

Wal-mart is in the US

In the US the 360 install base is twice that of the PS3...  

Exactly, Wal-Mart did not become the richest company in the world by being dumb. The 360 will always have a huge lead in the U.S. and Wal-Mart recognizes that and makes decisions accordingly...

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

Around the Network

I don't know that MS could drop the price of the arcade. Its only $200. Unless you have a source then I don't believe that. Sure they could drop it to $179 or something but I highly doubt $149.

But your right about the Wal-mart thing.

Why does anyone doubt that a $99 xbox will sell well? Let's see a $199 Xbox move this volume. The problem with rebates and retailer incentive deals is they just move unit sales forward, they don't necessarily end up increasing overall volume. On topic, of course MS and Walmart have a marketing agreement in place. If Walmart was going to eat the $100 gift card, they wouldn't restrict it to the the Xbox.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

@madkiller

Great post.

dragonmagician said:
Either way, "$99" is a good deal for a 360, so it's a win for the customers.

(of course, that is until they find out the Arcade is missing certain features)

Who is selling a $99 360?

Around the Network

i still think its really funny how the only way the 360 can outsell the ps3 is by lowering its price even more. hahah! ps3 proved it could sell on par with 360 even twice its price. (anyone remember last year when ps3 was beating 360 until MS dropped its price?) and this 100 dollar deals on wal-mart for the arcade is kind of dumb because that 100 dollars will only go into an HDD so u can save your games and other downloadable things from LIVE. so in reality, MS has fooled americans again. haha. MS is evil, but i commend them for being great at manipulation. not worried though cuz the rest of the world seems smarter in this case. =P

End of 2010 Predictions (Original Prediction Made: Jan. 1, 2010---Revised April 1, 2010---Revised Again July 1, 2010---Revised Again on Nov. 1, 2010)

PS3: 46 MIL (April Revision: 44 MIL, July Revision 43 MIL, Nov. Revision 45MIL)

360: 44 MIL (April Revision: 46 MIL, July Revision: 48 MIL, Nov. Revision 49MIL)

WII: 82 MIL (Apr. Revision: 84 MIL, Jul. Revision: 82 MIL, Nov. Revision: 82MIL)

THE MUST BUY LIST of 2010: Gran Turismo 5

THE BOUGHT LIST of 2010: White Knight Chrnociles, Heavy Rain, Final Fantasy 13, God of War 3, Modnation Racers, Sports Champions

Dexorosorous said:
i still think its really funny how the only way the 360 can outsell the ps3 is by lowering its price even more. hahah! ps3 proved it could sell on par with 360 even twice its price. (anyone remember last year when ps3 was beating 360 until MS dropped its price?) and this 100 dollar deals on wal-mart for the arcade is kind of dumb because that 100 dollars will only go into an HDD so u can save your games and other downloadable things from LIVE. so in reality, MS has fooled americans again. haha. MS is evil, but i commend them for being great at manipulation. not worried though cuz the rest of the world seems smarter in this case. =P

What is there to be worried about?  One console outselling another?  Is that really something that you could possibly get worried about?

*Claps*

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
JaggedSac said:
Dexorosorous said:

What is there to be worried about?  One console outselling another?  Is that really something that you could possibly get worried about?

if they were not worried they would not do all these move just after they Sony/Ninty move. Even if they are not losing money, those moves will make them get less money !

they reacted to the PS3 slim, they are now reacting to th Wii price drop

Time to Work !

dsister44 said:
You don't seem to understand. Everything that Microsoft does from now on is to counter the PS3 price cut. Even if they aren't doing anything >.>

That is why they released Windows 7

Pretty Much ... LoL

Sony Fanboys FTW without them Internet wouldnt be the same xD

But the best in when they say that they dont know why people still buying Xbox´s xDD Dude if my Xbox broke or something i will buy another 360 instead of 5 Ps3 anyday of the week ... LoL