By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - People are so ignorant that I get cracked up by it everyday...

theprof00 said:
leo-j said:
Then why are all walmart ads assosiated with the XBOX 360?

perhaps an external decision like the ps3 giftcard last year

LOL you got me here LOL

well, I will bring you ioi comment on the main page wait a little

Time to Work !

Around the Network

While I am not sure if there will be a price cut anytime soon, I do think that MS had a backend deal with Walmart to promote the 360 and COD MW2. Walmarts commercials have heavily featured sayings such as "the best way to play COD MW2 is on the 360." I do not see them blinding doing this just to sell more 360's and more COD's. If the goal is to sell more COD's, then you can give a discount on the game ($20 gift card, like TRU is offering). Considering that they chose the 360, over ps3 and the bluray player (which has bluray movie tie-ins). Who knows tho, I just know that from working retail that retailers rarely have a markup at all on console hardware, and an agreement to sell 360 a bit lower in exchange for mass advertising/sales makes sense on both ends. Maybe we'll never know, either way it kicks alot of ass and I am sure that walmart is selling alot of accessories with that $100 GC. :)

It's good that you take pride in Microsoft's profit margins, perhaps you own some of their stock.

But me, I'm a consumer. So pardon me if my mouth isn't agape in awe at MS "genius" practices of charging their customers fees for things that other consoles have standard including $100 for a 60 GB HDD or 50 bucks per year in online gaming fees.

I doubt that MS had absolutely nothing to do with WalMart's deals.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

well, it is not ioi
it is just a random guy on the comments

so at the end : I have no clue if it is a Walmart deal, a MS deal, or a mixed Walmart/MS deal

does anyone have a link ?

A MS/Walmart deal would explain the "MW2 on 360 : get the best online experience" ads

So at the end madzkill, your thread could finish at 0/20

Time to Work !

Around the Network
leo-j said:
libellule said:
leo-j said:
Then why are all walmart ads assosiated with the XBOX 360?

perhaos an internal decision like the PS3 gift card last year

I'm not talking about gift cards, I am talking about advertisement, every ad walmart has shown has been about the XBOX 360 "The best family console with the best games, come get it at walmart, XBOX 360 JUMP IN" I've been seeing those ads ever since October

i personally believe sony and MS funded the gift card things, but I have no proof.

The only proof I have is that:

a) never been done for the wii

b) happens at key junctures (mgs4 release, LBP release, COD4 360)

c) has happened twice with exclusive consoles (mgs4 ps3 case, cod360 case)

d) minimum per store for ps3 was 4, minimum per store for 360 is 10. Even though they are losing the same amount of money in each case.

e) walmart does a lot of deals with companies to give away reduced price items.

f) Black Friday deals are often refurbs packaged as new under a different serial number

outlawauron said:
I doubt that MS had absolutely nothing to do with WalMart's deals.

It's like saying: "Oh look master cheif is on my can of mountian dew, I'm sure Microsoft had nothing to do with that."

Like what is this bizarro world?

i'm more amazed that you were able to find time out of your busy schedule for this enthralling and important topic.

This is Amazon and Wal-Mart's response to over-ordering 360s for the Holiday season, guys. It has nothing to do with MS directly, as the OP stated.

They need to clear inventory, and their next orders will be reduced in size, given revised 360 sales forecasts.

Either way, "$99" is a good deal for a 360, so it's a win for the customers.

(of course, that is until they find out the Arcade is missing certain features)