By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - People are so ignorant that I get cracked up by it everyday...

kowenicki said:
you are wrong there montana... his statement is entirely factual.

It is factual, but he is cherry-picking what is "important" based on an agenda.  He chose to bash Sony and he chose to say that sales aren't important and he chose neglect MS's massive overall losses in the gaming industry all because he has a transparent trolling agenda.

Deny it.

Around the Network
madkiller said:
MontanaHatchet said:
madkiller said:
MontanaHatchet said:
madkiller said:
MontanaHatchet said:
The PS3 is outselling the 360.

No matter how you spin it.

Don't be so butthurt, and don't troll. It's just petty.

The number 1 troll post in this thread is yours so I don't know exactly who you think you are talking about...

"To make things short, MS is doing great money wise, Sony is drowning in losses, so even if PS3 outsells the 360 for the holidays or the year it doesn't matter because MS wins either way in terms of major profits compared to major losses..."

Sounds like trolling to me. Or maybe if someone said something similar towards the 360, it would be trolling then.

Actually, there is not a damn thing trolling about anything I said, especially since it is all 100% accurate. Cry me a river about Sony losing tons of money. Microsoft is bigger and richer and always will be, get over it already...

So if I point out that the 360 is being outsold by the Wii, and that Nintendo is making far greater profits than the Microsoft, and that Carnival Games outsold Mass Effect, would that not be trolling? The #1 form of denial by people who are trolling is claiming that what they say is true, so it can't be trolling.

Wrong.

I'm not crying a river at all, especially not at Sony losing money. I just think it's terrible that someone can get away with such trolling and call others ignorant.

LMAO, are you kidding me? Microsoft makes more money in a month than Nintendo makes the entire year. You can't even begin to compare them as entire companies since Microsoft could swallow Nintendo whole...

I'm referring to videogames. I supposed I should have specified, although I thought it would be incredibly obvious given we're talking about videogames. Nintendo makes more money in a month that Microsoft has likely made their entire time on the market (once you factor in losses).

MontanaHatchet said:
madkiller said:
MontanaHatchet said:
madkiller said:
MontanaHatchet said:

So if I point out that the 360 is being outsold by the Wii, and that Nintendo is making far greater profits than the Microsoft, and that Carnival Games outsold Mass Effect, would that not be trolling? The #1 form of denial by people who are trolling is claiming that what they say is true, so it can't be trolling.

Wrong.

I'm not crying a river at all, especially not at Sony losing money. I just think it's terrible that someone can get away with such trolling and call others ignorant.

@Bolded

Really?  Never knew Nintendo was that big.  Always thought that M$ as a company always profit.

kowenicki said:
@montana

i did

you said it sounded like trolling.... it wasnt. what similar thing could be said about the 360? if it was factual that wouldnt be trolling either...

Okay.

The 360 has a really high failure rate, one that's vastly higher than its competitors. In fact, I think I'll just make a thread solely about that.

Does that sound like trolling to you? Apparently not (although I wouldn't be surprised if I saw you complaining about it before).

So walmart would advertise to get half the potential sales that they could? Just because the 360 is ahead in the US doesn't mean that walmart would cut off the other sales that the PS3 could get them.
Also I saw the "online experience" ad for the 360 version in Ireland. Wasn't that supposed to be the walmart deal?(haven't seen it so I'm really asking)

Around the Network

^^^ Never I read your other post.

Vetteman94 said:
JaggedSac said:
Vetteman94 said:

So whats so smart about giving away a $100 gift card with a console when your profit margin on that console wont cover the $100 without having a deal in place with the manufacturer of said console?

It isn't the profit margin on the console that the gift card is taking away from.  It is the profit margin on whatever the customer purchases with the $100 gift card.  The gift card means nothing until the customer gets something else with it.

Its still $100 that Wal-mart is losing, with nothing to cover its expenses.  And once the card is issued Wal-mart is out that $100,  that $100 doesnt stay in Wal-marts bank account until you buy something with it,  they just get the money back when finally spend it.  

People will most likely spend it on something that has a higher profit margin than a console.  Pretty much anything else really.  So they aren't really out $100.  They are out for whatever they paid for the product that the consumer is purchasing.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
kowenicki said:
you are wrong there montana... his statement is entirely factual.

It is factual, but he is cherry-picking what is "important" based on an agenda.  He chose to bash Sony and he chose to say that sales aren't important and he chose neglect MS's massive overall losses in the gaming industry all because he has a transparent trolling agenda.

Deny it.

And what does that say about your User Name, Avatar, and Signature?  LOL  I guess you would know about cherry picking and an agenda.

bonkers555 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
madkiller said:
MontanaHatchet said:
madkiller said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Wrong.

@Bolded

Really?  Never knew Nintendo was that big.  Always thought that M$ as a company always profit.

Don't worry about anything Montana says, they took away his mod status because he has shown that he is biased against Microsoft and acts like many of the Sony fans by blindly bashing MS any chance he gets. Not to mention that you cannot have a normal debate with him as he makes everything personal and turns every thread into a flamewar...

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

CGI-Quality said:
bonkers555 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
madkiller said:
MontanaHatchet said:
madkiller said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Wrong.

@Bolded

Certain divisions, yes, such as Windows. However, Nintendo isn't a money-loser, they make plenty and have always made plenty, even more than the two time, gen-market leader Sony. That's the irony of it all, Nintendo has lost wars and still keeps on ticking. They've made more money in this industry than anyone else, and yet LOST two full gens while doing it. This is why I say people need to lay up off Nintendo, seriously!

As a whole who makes more money?  I very confused now with people post different things here.