By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - People are so ignorant that I get cracked up by it everyday...

madkiller said:
bonkers555 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
madkiller said:
MontanaHatchet said:
madkiller said:
MontanaHatchet said:

So if I point out that the 360 is being outsold by the Wii, and that Nintendo is making far greater profits than the Microsoft, and that Carnival Games outsold Mass Effect, would that not be trolling? The #1 form of denial by people who are trolling is claiming that what they say is true, so it can't be trolling.

Wrong.

I'm not crying a river at all, especially not at Sony losing money. I just think it's terrible that someone can get away with such trolling and call others ignorant.

@Bolded

Really?  Never knew Nintendo was that big.  Always thought that M$ as a company always profit.

Don't worry about anything Montana says, they took away his mod status because he has shown that he is biased against Microsoft and acts like many of the Sony fans by blindly bashing MS any chance he gets. Not to mention that you cannot have a normal debate with him as he makes everything personal and turns every thread into a flamewar...

Biased against Microsoft? He's repeatedly stated that the 360 is his favourite console.

Monti is an anti-troll. It just so happens that there are more anti-Sony trolls than anti-Microsoft trolls.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
bonkers555 said:
CGI-Quality said:
bonkers555 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
madkiller said:
MontanaHatchet said:
madkiller said:
MontanaHatchet said:

So if I point out that the 360 is being outsold by the Wii, and that Nintendo is making far greater profits than the Microsoft, and that Carnival Games outsold Mass Effect, would that not be trolling? The #1 form of denial by people who are trolling is claiming that what they say is true, so it can't be trolling.

Wrong.

I'm not crying a river at all, especially not at Sony losing money. I just think it's terrible that someone can get away with such trolling and call others ignorant.

@Bolded

Really?  Never knew Nintendo was that big.  Always thought that M$ as a company always profit.

Certain divisions, yes, such as Windows. However, Nintendo isn't a money-loser, they make plenty and have always made plenty, even more than the two time, gen-market leader Sony. That's the irony of it all, Nintendo has lost wars and still keeps on ticking. They've made more money in this industry than anyone else, and yet LOST two full gens while doing it. This is why I say people need to lay up off Nintendo, seriously!

As a whole who makes more money?  I very confused now with people post different things here.

That I can't tell you, although if we're speaking just about the gaming industry, the answer is obviously Nintendo.

But it seem from Montana post he didn't mean just gaming.  I know Nintendo makes ALOT more profit then M$ in gaming.

Spiteful49 said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
kowenicki said:
you are wrong there montana... his statement is entirely factual.

It is factual, but he is cherry-picking what is "important" based on an agenda.  He chose to bash Sony and he chose to say that sales aren't important and he chose neglect MS's massive overall losses in the gaming industry all because he has a transparent trolling agenda.

Deny it.

And what does that say about your User Name, Avatar, and Signature?  LOL  I guess you would know about cherry picking and an agenda.

But I didn't start a troll thread.  [edit: or if kowenicki is correct, a thread that is tiresome and shouldn't have been posted, even if not trolling.]  You can either focus on the arguments or get pissy about the avatar, if that's all you've got.

btw the stats in my sig are counter-spin provoked by the well-known spin in Starcraft's sig, and the Valve quotation is just amazing given their later decision to spew FUD, and I've gotten compliments on it, so thanks!

Are you people kidding me? Microsoft is the sixth richest company in the world with a market value of $143 billion, Nintendo is 80th with $41.25 billion, Sony is 255th with a market value of a measly 17.12 billion.

Source: forbes.com

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

kowenicki said:
Kantor said:
madkiller said:
bonkers555 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
madkiller said:
MontanaHatchet said:
madkiller said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Wrong.

@Bolded

Don't worry about anything Montana says, they took away his mod status because he has shown that he is biased against Microsoft and acts like many of the Sony fans by blindly bashing MS any chance he gets. Not to mention that you cannot have a normal debate with him as he makes everything personal and turns every thread into a flamewar...

Biased against Microsoft? He's repeatedly stated that the 360 is his favourite console.

Monti is an anti-troll. It just so happens that there are more anti-Sony trolls than anti-Microsoft trolls.

if you say so.

From what I've observed, it's true. While the site does clearly have a Sony fan majority, a larger proportion (and indeed, larger quantity) of the Microsoft fans seem to be trolls. Obviously, they're there on both sides (and of course there are the 3 or so Wii fanboy trolls), but your average PS3 exclusive: let's take KZ2 as an example, gets more hate than the average 360 exclusive, like Gears of War 2. Furthermore, how many Sony fans do you see leaving the site because they don't feel the moderation is fair? I haven't encountered any.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

You guys are too serious, and he should be perma banned for creating a pro- 360 thread!

CGI-Quality said:
madkiller said:
Are you people kidding me? Microsoft is the sixth richest company in the world with a market value of $143 billion, Nintendo is 80th with $41.25 billion, Sony is 255th with a market value of a measly 17.12 billion.

Source: forbes.com

This explains perfectly why you're accused of being a "troll". Quotations as I don't label people, but this is the behavior people are talking about, why is the highlighted necessary?

Now, tell us, how much of that money there in their profits are from the Xbox Division, since we are talking video games here. Sony and Nintendo fair better in that category.

Stating publicly available facts is not trolling. Are you saying that $17.12 billion is not measly compared to $143 billion?

Kantor said:

The Xbox 360 has the best games, controller, exclusives, performance, online and makes more profit than the PS3. Is there any reason why I shouldn't support the superior machine?

Nooooooo Kantor we moved past this when I said you could buy a PS3 slim!!!!!

Repeat after me: It does everthing... It does everything.... It does everything...

Tease.

kowenicki said:
MontanaHatchet said:
kowenicki said:
@montana

i did

you said it sounded like trolling.... it wasnt. what similar thing could be said about the 360? if it was factual that wouldnt be trolling either...

Okay.

The 360 has a really high failure rate, one that's vastly higher than its competitors. In fact, I think I'll just make a thread solely about that.

Does that sound like trolling to you? Apparently not (although I wouldn't be surprised if I saw you complaining about it before).

true.. not trolling.. although having a gazillion threads about it becomes tiresome. 

The truth can be used to troll if it's repeated enough times. You basically admitted it. If I mentioned that the PS3 is in third place or the 360 had a high failure rate or that the Wii's library wasn't rated as well as the HD consoles, it would be trolling. Whether it's true or not.

Madkiller: Wow, try not making assumptions and actually taking a further look. You couldn't be farther from the truth.

From the start, you meant to stir people up with this thread. You and I both know this. You called others ignorant in the thread title alone, and you twisted the PS3 outselling the 360 into a big negative for Sony. Your bias shows a lot, and you have to take pot shots at me to make up for the fact that you're doing nothing but trolling. I don't often take things personal, but when you try to muck up Vgchartz (one of the greatest freakin' sites in the world) with such garbage, I have to object.

You knew what you were trying to do. You may be trolling, but you're not dumb. Just admit your intentions and maybe I'll get off your back (and everyone can see this thread for what it truly is).

MontanaHatchet said:
kowenicki said:
MontanaHatchet said:
kowenicki said:
@montana

i did

you said it sounded like trolling.... it wasnt. what similar thing could be said about the 360? if it was factual that wouldnt be trolling either...

Okay.

The 360 has a really high failure rate, one that's vastly higher than its competitors. In fact, I think I'll just make a thread solely about that.

Does that sound like trolling to you? Apparently not (although I wouldn't be surprised if I saw you complaining about it before).

true.. not trolling.. although having a gazillion threads about it becomes tiresome. 

The truth can be used to troll if it's repeated enough times. You basically admitted it. If I mentioned that the PS3 is in third place or the 360 had a high failure rate or that the Wii's library wasn't rated as well as the HD consoles, it would be trolling. Whether it's true or not.

Madkiller: Wow, try not making assumptions and actually taking a further look. You couldn't be farther from the truth.

From the start, you meant to stir people up with this thread. You and I both know this. You called others ignorant in the thread title alone, and you twisted the PS3 outselling the 360 into a big negative for Sony. Your bias shows a lot, and you have to take pot shots at me to make up for the fact that you're doing nothing but trolling. I don't often take things personal, but when you try to muck up Vgchartz (one of the greatest freakin' sites in the world) with such garbage, I have to object.

You knew what you were trying to do. You may be trolling, but you're not dumb. Just admit your intentions and maybe I'll get off your back (and everyone can see this thread for what it truly is).

The only person truly trolling in this thread is you. My thread was in a direct response to the tons of ridiculous threads talking about Microsoft being desperate and making a price drop on the Arcade, or moneyhatting these deals etc, etc. Those threads were all entirely inaccurate and I corrected them easily with all my perfectly legitimate points. If you are so mad to hear how bad Sony is really doing despite improved hardware sales then I don't know what to tell you. The simple fact is that Sony as a company is doing terribly and Microsoft has never done poorly as a company...