By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Graphics Showdown - Uncharted 2 vs MGS4 vs Killzone 2

This is a tough one...although MGS4 probably has the best character models in the business today, Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2 are a cut above...between these 2, it's honestly a very tough choice...what impresses me so much about Uncharted 2 is that there is hardly any loading in the game...the game just loads once when you start it up...that's it...no more loading and still such pretty graphics...it also has a superior art style to KZ2 and also dares to make use of colour...it also has a lot of good subtle touches, like the powdery snow and how Drake's shirt gets wet (gosh i still cant get over that)...Killzone 2 on the other hand has a lot more going on...so many enemies, huge environments, and the level of detail is astounding! The game does load a lot, but the level of detail more than compensate for that...i know we haven't really seen KZ2 in a colourful environment, but I'm sure that the game would look phenomenol if it took place off of Helghan...until that happens though and the game makes more use of colour, I say Uncharted takes the cake by a very very very tiny margin!

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
MGS4 shouldnt be in there.

Uncharted 2 for me

I dont think killzone 2 stands the same close scrutiny.

The character models in MGS4 still destroy the other two games though my friend. And when I say destroy I mean there is literally no competition.

OT - You named 3 out of maybe the top 10 best looking games (graphically). Killzone 2 is still the king of consoles IMO because I have never seen a game look that realistic before. From lighting, to texture, to character models, it is the best all around package. For me, Uncharted 2 falls right between the three that you listed. It stands out the most with its enviornments and lighting. The forest and snowy areas are what I am specifically referring to right now.

MGS4 is still the best game out of the three, and EVER!!!

CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:
CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:
CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:
Uncharted 2 by far.

Wait, wait.....have you played though all 3 to make a proper judgement?

OT: Although I think Uncharted 2 is the most artistically pleasing, I still think Killzone 2 wins this. It's prowess is still un-touched IMO.

So, for me: Killzone 2>Uncharted 2>MGS4.

I haven't played any of them lol.

Then how can you make a proper judgment? O_o

I've watched lots of trailers of gameplay.

Doesn't display even a portion of each of these game's visuals. That's like me making a judgment that Batman AA looks better than Red Faction Guerrilla and Bionic Commando even though I've only seen some gameplay of each. Doesn't really make for a reasonable judgment now does it?

Well, how do u judge the grafix of different games then that u might not have played? For example Crisis.

I think it's perfectly valid to judge based on videos in HD quality, cos as long as you compare video to video (and not video to actual hands on gaming) the comparison is fair between games.

killzone 2 definatly,that gun is just so sexy

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

uncharted 2 for me because the colours brings more realism than Killzone 2 and MGS4.

Around the Network

MGS4

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

The game with the best draw distance and most colors, which removes Killzone 2 and MGS4 already from the list. Uncharted 2 wins by default.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

It's almost unanimously agreed that Uncharted 2 is the best looking console game of all time.

So I would go with Uncharted 2. MGS4 was too devoid of colour, and Killzone 2 looks fantastic, but I think Uncharted 2 looks better. Again, colours.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

@Resonable, technical capabilities, I want to know who reigns in character models, environments, physics, color, overall graphics etc.

It's looking like Uncharted 2 to be number one and Killzone 2 close behind.

This is just what he wanted. a flamewar between PS3 fans.