By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: The Dumbest Guys in the Room

1) It seems that Netflix on PS3 is more of a move from Netflix, rather than SONY. Sony are supporting their own Video store on PSN, so I'm thinking SONY are probably getting some sort of Royalty fee payment out of the movies sold by Neflix on PS3.

2) Said it before and I'll say it again. THe PSPGO isn't a fuckin relaunch. It's SONY giving customers another option. One that's clearly a more profitable one for them. If it was a relaunch, the PSP3000 wouldn't be here.

3) The PS3 was made to establish new technology for future projects [also ones including the PS brand]. It was made to help IBM's Cell, Rambus' XDR and BDA's Blu-Ray to gain some earlier ground. AND IT's BEEN WORKING. Bluray won the format war and is expanding well. Major manufacturers like Toshiba and a few others are looking at, manufacuring or already selling Cell based computers and home electronics like HDTV's. not sure what's going on in XDR front. New tech means new development tactics developers had to use. It's not harder, just different. Many dev's have been saying this. There are just a few dev that don't want to learn new dev tactics and just go with the the familiar 360/PC layout and claim it's because the PS3 is too much work.

4) MS are the only ones charging for online. SONY's revenue from ads, PSStore and Royalty fees. Free Online is also considered one of the major advantages to owning a PS3 over a 360, which helps to bring in customers.

5) We still have quite some time before the controller launches... don't freak just yet.

Everything you mentioned has both positives and negatives to it. Some can be seen as advantages or disadvantages. Depends on what SONY plans to do, which you don't know...

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
I'll tell it from the perspective of someone who owns all of the consoles.

The 360 has great online, and I pay 50 bucks a year for it.

The PS3 and Wii have free online gaming.

I pay 50 bucks a year for online gaming for the PS3, 360, and Wii.

That's a great deal, and I'm one happy camper.

This is incredibly idiotic, if you only have a PS3, your online fee would be zero. Why don't you split that $50 into 3 parts and mail $16.666666666 to to Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo. WTF.

Avarice28 said:
disolitude said:
Pretty good points...

You could probably add Home to free online list blunder. Was that their idea to make money online?

The only thing I see that sony has going for them right now is in house development studios. They do have some major talent...

Believe it or not they make more profit off of home then they do currently with psn movie downloads.

Because PSN movie downloads are only for the U.S.

Home is for EVERYone

CGI-Quality said:
MontanaHatchet said:
I'll tell it from the perspective of someone who owns all of the consoles.

The 360 has great online, and I pay 50 bucks a year for it.

The PS3 and Wii have free online gaming.

I pay 50 bucks a year for online gaming for the PS3, 360, and Wii.

That's a great deal, and I'm one happy camper.

Excellent post.

Seconded.

From a business perspective, you may be right, but you'd be hard-pressed to find many people complain about free online.

Around the Network

Samsung service it's shit, and so are their products.
while the give the image of being better quality their products are built of cheap things that break in a month.

by experience my LCD only lasted a month, and they had to repair it, after repairs it still not picking channels like it should. and they don't want to exchange it.

sony it's offering 4 year warranty in my country for their LCDS not because they had huge problems but because they trust their products.

we had a sony for a while on the living room and still working a year after without a problem.

I have multiple Samsung LCD TVs and have been more than satisfied.  In fact, as they are the official TV of the Xbox 360, I wish they were in charge of creating/designing 360s.  They'd last a hell of a lot longer.

yah there so dumb that the ps2 is the best saling console of all time, what 160 million units?, they make the best exclusives, and dont make us pay for internet twice, to play the game we just spent 60 bucks on, yah there dumb, so there loosing a little money per comsole, wow ms just started making money, take there year extra away, how far ahead of ps3 are they, not much at all, but there dumb alright

Samsung are Korean, rather than Japanese, so they didn't struggle when Japan's economy went south last year. Just a small thing, but worth bearing in mind, since Sony really suffered when the Yen turned to shit.

^^^

I always thought Leo-J was the only member with less than -5K VG$

4 ≈ One