By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: The Dumbest Guys in the Room

Smashed said:
So Sony are the bad guys for not milking us?

Sony already milked you by having you purchase PS3's, this giving Sony's BD division profit.

Around the Network

Sony is nothing compared to Samsung. Seriously, that shouldn't even be challenged. Most people who buy Sony today are buying a name that was top notch in the 90's.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Smashed said:

Sony already milked you by having you purchase PS3's, this giving Sony's BD division profit.

Yeah a free DVD player would be better.

I'll tell it from the perspective of someone who owns all of the consoles.

The 360 has great online, and I pay 50 bucks a year for it.

The PS3 and Wii have free online gaming.

I pay 50 bucks a year for online gaming for the PS3, 360, and Wii.

That's a great deal, and I'm one happy camper.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Smashed said:

You've got it wrong. You buy the console plug in and play/do what you wish. You don't need 100 different hurdles to go through.

Around the Network

So you'd rather be nickel & dimed by Microsoft all day for things like overpriced hard drives, online subscription, wifi adapter, etc?

Okay yeah Sony missed out on some income by making online free but that's one of the best things it has going for it. Once you buy the PS3 and maybe an extra controller & headset that's all you need besides games obviously. With Microsoft be ready to pay $60 per year for live on top of the $200/$300 for the console

MontanaHatchet said:
I'll tell it from the perspective of someone who owns all of the consoles.

The 360 has great online, and I pay 50 bucks a year for it.

The PS3 and Wii have free online gaming.

I pay 50 bucks a year for online gaming for the PS3, 360, and Wii.

That's a great deal, and I'm one happy camper.

Couldn't have said it better. I don't own the Wii, but I am PS360 and the way you exlained it is well done.

Smashed said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Smashed said:

You've got it wrong. You buy the console plug in and play/do what you wish. You don't need 100 different hurdles to go through.

Um....no. The bulk of Sony's Blu Ray profits are from PS3's. Samsung is profiting off of Blu Ray without a videogame system.

"Giving away online for free"

Very nice!!!! I lol'd.

Its not about milking its about business sense, and Sony has very little apparently, its not about giving things away from free or not, its about doing things that don't hurt you.

Part of the reason the PS3 is doing so badly is they focused so heavily on Blu-ray, if they hadn't put it in and focused on games, they might be in second place instead of MS and making a profit, but by pushing it, they ended up in last and are still losing money on the PS3.

And giving away Netflix is all well and good for the consumer, but after killing your gaming division by sticking in Blu-Ray, now you're going to give it free competition by offering one of the things that is killing Blu-Ray, talk about really bad decisions.

The PSP Go was a horrible decision, yeah lets release a gimped version of our Handheld, for more than our other version, which can do the exact same stuff and more. Heck the lack of software on the PSP from day one has been a problem, for some reason Sony got so focused on the Hardware, that they forgot the PSP and PS3 need to be gaming systems first.

Now look at Nintendo, they've made tons of smart decisions, that even now, in a down year, they are still making mad amounts of Money, even MS, has finally made the Xbox profitable, and the thing is MS can actually afford to waste money, because they still make gobs of profits in their other divisions, Sony can't, as they are getting beat across the board.

Sony better get smart or the PS4 may be the last console from them.

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)