By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: The Dumbest Guys in the Room

Pretty good points...

You could probably add Home to free online list blunder. Was that their idea to make money online?

The only thing I see that sony has going for them right now is in house development studios. They do have some major talent...

Around the Network

This will not end well for you, (are you using an alternate account) because there is no way two people with anti-sony agenda's could post on the same day? Sevengen!

Anti sony? impossible :O

disolitude said:
Pretty good points...

You could probably add Home to free online list blunder. Was that their idea to make money online?

The only thing I see that sony has going for them right now is in house development studios. They do have some major talent...

Believe it or not they make more profit off of home then they do currently with psn movie downloads.

9 posts and already flame baiting

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.

Around the Network
Smashed said:
coolbeans said:
Smashed said:
So Sony are the bad guys for not milking us?

Huh?

On topic, not exactly a solid list since 1 or 2 of those give no reasoning for being the dumbest guys in the room.  If any of these guys in this said room were dumb, they wouldn't be in the console war right now.

2 Of his points are that Sony doesn't charge us for Netflix, and Online. Another company we are all aware of likes to milk their customers.

I never knew it was so dumb to give good services for free!

Yeah, it's pretty dumb when you're selling your console for a loss and charging for those would offset that loss for the most part. You're looking at it from a consumer's perspective, whereas the OP is looking at it from a business perspective. Those two will hardly ever be the same.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Well, Sony got too big, involved in too many things. They used to be the best hardware makers around. They were known for their quality, but now while they still charge premium prices other companies have passed them.

They are behind the 360 in online gaming, behind Samsung in TV's, behind Apple in cellphone. They don't lead in any market, thus a very average company charging too much for what they make.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Yes Sony are such terrible people for not robbing us , I mean how dare they:(

Why do xbox fans always seem so butthurt and insecure and always on the attack?. Is it the younger demographic and the internetz have created a monster?. Even alot of gaming sites produce anti ps3 articles for the sole reason of attracting hits from xbox fans. Strange phenomena.

psrock said:
Well, Sony got too big, involved in too many things. They used to be the best hardware makers around. They were known for their quality, but now while they still charge premium prices other companies have passed them.

They are behind the 360 in online gaming, behind Samsung in TV's, behind Apple in cellphone. They don't lead in any market, thus a very average company charging too much for what they make.

Excellent points, Rock. I respect your honesty.

OT: You have said a mouthful. Well thought-out analysis. +1.