By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official New Super Mario Bros Wii Thread

I'm gonna go play Brawl and Contra Rebirth with my friend after work.

Sorry guys.

Around the Network

I am playing brawl but i keep pausing
to type here!!:p

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

I can't believe us poor mistreated Aussies finally had a game released here first for a change!

The game is awesome. I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of a classic controller option but 2D Mario games are still the pinnacle of games IMO

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Considering Super Mario World got 8.5 and Super Mario Bros 3 got 9.0, this game should be rated at least 9.0

Come on, reviewers! This game looks awesome! You can't say it's boring when you saw all those videos on the net!

I'm sure they're giving this game bad reviews because they got Uncharted 2, Assassin's Creed 2 and Modern Warfare 2. This is very unfair. I'll send them a message.

WTF They gave 4.0 for multiplayers! I can't stand it! This game is supposed to be for multiplayers that's awful!

I'm starting really to doubt about thei objectivity. And if you see Modern Warfare 2 reviews from players, they aren't satisfied with the game. New Super Mario Bros Wii got 9.0 from players while MW2 got 4.5

Around the Network
guiduc said:
WTF They gave 4.0 for multiplayers! I can't stand it! This game is supposed to be for multiplayers that's awful!

I'm starting really to doubt about thei objectivity. And if you see Modern Warfare 2 reviews from players, they aren't satisfied with the game. New Super Mario Bros Wii got 9.0 from players while MW2 got 4.5

Eh, don't worry about it. Game reviewers tend to have a certain "check the boxes" mentality when it comes to games; they're looking for qualities X, Y, and Z, and will score you down if you don't do well in those categories. So I'm sure their reviews of the two games were honest. That said, they tend to look for different qualities than I do, so I'm not too fussed.

wick said:
I can't believe us poor mistreated Aussies finally had a game released here first for a change!

The game is awesome. I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of a classic controller option but 2D Mario games are still the pinnacle of games IMO

Where would you rate it in the pantheon, and why?

This is pretty good teamwork

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsZCxsIrVP0

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
This is pretty good teamwork

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsZCxsIrVP0

I can't decide if Luigi is lucky for having everything handed to him, or if he's unlucky for having next to no chance to do anything.

And teamwork? I am soooo screwing my friends over every chance I get.

Sempuukyaku said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:

What a horrible review. Did they actually play it? At E3 I played it with 3 other guys from VGC, and with some strangers, and with a guy from Nintendo. Every time it was pure heaven. What could be more fun than playing a new 2-D Mario game, which always has the best level design, and on your very first playthrough, have 3 more people in your way trying to help, and sometimes failing horribly? That's... the point.

I hate to say this, I really do....

But I expect some degree of backlash against this game. It's a new 2D Mario going up against teh REAL HARDCORRRRRRRRR GAMEZZZZ!

In a holiday season with MW2, Assasin's Creed 2, Uncharted 2, etc...I expect a few in the gaming media to view this game through total fanboy glasses instead of judging it for what it is. Look at the ridiculous preview at IGN for MW: Reflex.

me to - 2d platformers aint 'cool' anymore.

if a game hasnt got at least a couple of the following: realism, online or HD it will struggle to impress the media or so called 'hardcore gamers'

NSMBwii has none of the these, its a game that brings nothing new to gaming and thats how its gonna be reviewed (unfortunatley).

By the by, for those of you in the Southwest, Fry's is selling the game for $40 day one. I love Fry's.