By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official New Super Mario Bros Wii Thread

whoever said they finished Super MArio World in 2 hours, SHAME ON YOU!!!

did you use the warp or did you actually play all the levels?

SMW is a game where you need to play all the levels, don't insult the best mario game ever!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
whoever said they finished Super MArio World in 2 hours, SHAME ON YOU!!!

did you use the warp or did you actually play all the levels?

SMW is a game where you need to play all the levels, don't insult the best mario game ever!

He never mentioned SMB 3.....

You're right though. World, more than the other games, takes advantage of the newfangled battery pack and made the Mario series less arcadey and more exploration-based. In many ways, World isn't meant to be "hard," it's meant to be "explored."

noname2200 said:
By the by, for those of you in the Southwest, Fry's is selling the game for $40 day one. I love Fry's.

Fry's Electronics is a beautiful thing. Sadly... I think it's just located in the Western States (Well, it's definitely not here in the South...). I miss Fry's.

^ i nvere heard of frys..for my games, its usuallybestbuy, futureshop or ebgames

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

Smeags said:
noname2200 said:
By the by, for those of you in the Southwest, Fry's is selling the game for $40 day one. I love Fry's.

Fry's Electronics is a beautiful thing. Sadly... I think it's just located in the Western States (Well, it's definitely not here in the South...). I miss Fry's.

Fry's.com to the rescue!

Although shipping would wipe out the savings...

Wii_Master said:

^ i nvere heard of frys..for my games, its usuallybestbuy, futureshop or ebgames

Fry's is a magical electronic-goodies place, where the popular items are well-stocked, everything desirable is on sale Day One, and prices on most goods drop like flies. As long as you know what you want, Fry's is fantastic. Just...don't count on the help. For anything.

Around the Network

if i don't preorder, i should be able to find a copy somewhere, right?

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

vonboysp said:

Depends on how big it manages to be right off the bat. You should be able to find one somewhere, yes. Surely it won't be like Mario Kart Wii! Surely.

^^yeah i had to wait i think a month before i finally fond it...and that was the last onr...

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

noname2200 said:
guiduc said:
WTF They gave 4.0 for multiplayers! I can't stand it! This game is supposed to be for multiplayers that's awful!

I'm starting really to doubt about thei objectivity. And if you see Modern Warfare 2 reviews from players, they aren't satisfied with the game. New Super Mario Bros Wii got 9.0 from players while MW2 got 4.5

Eh, don't worry about it. Game reviewers tend to have a certain "check the boxes" mentality when it comes to games; they're looking for qualities X, Y, and Z, and will score you down if you don't do well in those categories. So I'm sure their reviews of the two games were honest. That said, they tend to look for different qualities than I do, so I'm not too fussed.

wick said:
I can't believe us poor mistreated Aussies finally had a game released here first for a change!

The game is awesome. I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of a classic controller option but 2D Mario games are still the pinnacle of games IMO

Where would you rate it in the pantheon, and why?

Hmmm tough question, SMW is still my favourite followed very very closely by 3. I'd say this sits behind 3, maybe just ahead of 1 and way up the list from 2.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

vonboysp said:

I'm sure you'll be fine.