By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry (Eurogamer) - GT5P vs Forza 3 Tech analysis.

Whats more impressive technically ?

"Despite these technical wins for Turn 10, GT5P emerges as the classier-looking game, the standard bearer in terms of graphical accomplishment - not just up against Forza, but compared to every console driving game. Arguments about whether the 360 can or will ever match what the PS3 is achieving here will rage on forever, but, as we stressed before, clearly there are a different set of developmental priorities and resources applicable to each developer."

Verdict - GT5P wins !

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-forza3-evolution-article

Around the Network

Europe is GT Biased,so im not surprised.

@PP

lol wut ? this is eurogamer we are talking about !

MetalGearSolid_4ever said:
@PP

lol wut ? this is eurogamer we are talking about !

what they do, is always give games low scores so that they can get hits on their sites.

they are pathetic, but this here is just plain love GT brand.

if you compare a demo to a full game there is something wrong with you. and if you let the demo win then you are something else.

^^
They were comparing the technical aspects, not the content.

Around the Network

Well it's obvious to anyone with eyes that Gran Turismo is superior.

Although losing to Gran Turismo is nothing to be embarrased about and doesn't mean that Forza 3 isn't a great game.

Let me show you why they call me the velour fog. Hit it.

I met her in a club down in old Soho,

Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like coca cola,

C-o-l-a, cola.

She, walked up to me and she asked me to dance,

I asked her her name and in a dark brown voice she said;

Leela, L-e-e-l-a, Leela, Lee, Lee, Lee, Leela

Leeeeeeeelaaaaaaaa

Having played exhaustly GT5:P and now on my way to another exhausting play of Forza 3, Technically I'll give the edge to GT5:P in terms of sheer graphics, lightining and overall looks. Makes you really wonder, how further will the entire engine be improved when GT5 finally lands. If the Jeux France videos and TGS videos are any indication, it's that the overall feeling of the game has evolved a lot, and it wasn't even the final build.

When you look at other aspects, Forza is slightly better than GT5:P, in the physics department mainly, but that will be left for a true game to game comparison when GT5 lands.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Well, for me Forza 3 has a bit more of shaders (but I don't know, maybe in real life cars do not look covered in oil like they do in FM3) and some god-damned tyre marks, but GT5P wins otherwise specially in landscape LOD and lighting, kinda impressive for a game that plays at a 50% higher resolution and it is a demo.

I have played both and I don't see where you guys come up with this stuff. Neither game is "massively" better than the other in the graphics department. GT5 may be better looking when everything is said and done, but I don't think there will be a big difference either way.

To me the cars look about the same but the tracks are a lot better for FM3.

They must have been looking for hits.....

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Digital Foundry IS NOT Eurogamer! They are an affiliate and they share resources but the people behind it are not on the same payroll.

Tease.