By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry (Eurogamer) - GT5P vs Forza 3 Tech analysis.

First of...  Digital Foundry

Secondly, as this piece points out, Turn 10 and Polyphony Digital have different development philosofies, where PD will more often than not focus on graphics, where as T10 are more dedicated to adding gameplay functionality.

So while PD is playing catchup with T10 in terms of gameplay, T10 are playing catchup in terms of graphics, but it's pretty hard to judge just what the final score is before GT5 is actually out.

But I must say that I was quite astounded to find that GT5:P runs at full 720p and has 4xMSAA.

Around the Network

Forza 3 put priority into physics calculations. Because in a driving game, it is ultimately the driving that is most imprtant.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

racing suzuka in gt 5 prologue feels a lot more realistic than forza 3
i have to break in the middle of corners and am on the throttle less i am more fully on and fully off than racing smoothly which i do in gt 5 prologue

forza 3 to me has a more arcadey feel, more raunchy and more torque but gt feels more realistic
i think forza 3 likes to exaggerate reality to make it feel more real when the translate it to digital form instead of a direct translation i feel gt5 prologue translates specs 100% into their physics engine so that is why all the cars handle so much more differently than forza 3 i feel forza 3 cars feel largely the same as the next car in their grade

KIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NOOB!

Tyrannical said:
Forza 3 put priority into physics calculations. Because in a driving game, it is ultimately the driving that is most imprtant.

This is soo true. The difference with GT5P is immense.... but most of the fanboys are about graphics only...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

why the fukk they compare a game that released 2 years ago against a new game?

Around the Network
TT Makaveli said:
why the fukk they compare a game that released 2 years ago against a new game?

Why don't you read the article first ??

-- - it's clear that Gran Turismo is the standard to which the developer aspires. There's a sizeable gulf in terms of image quality between Forza 2 and its sequel, and it's clear that the gold standard set in rendering tech by Polyphony Digital is one of the key motivators the team had in making Forza 3 look as good as it does --

The assumption/fact is that Gran Turismo is the standard for Racing games on the console world (all plateforms) in term of graphics (and nothing else !).

They want to use it as a core reference to judge about the evolution of the Forza games.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

kowenicki said:
I like forza3 better... cos I can play it. (GT5P became boring very quickly)

I'll have finished Forza3 by the time GT5 comes out and then I can play that too...

So ps360 onwers win...

Ding ding ding!

Anyone who likes racing games enough to post over and over in these threads probably ought to be looking forward to both games -- they both look great after all, and it's not like they're coming out at the same time.

Forza has better physics, while GT has better graphics.

I don't understand...

GT5:P and Forza 3 have the same map?...

@everybody complaining that gameplay is what matters and that GT5 gameplay sucks .

Not too long ago you fanboys stated that Forza 3 graphics > GT5...
But it turns out that GT5P > Forza 3 graphics. ROFL ROFL !

I'm sure Forza 3 is an impressive game. GT5 will also be an impressive game. Which , IMO, should be better than Forza 3 (graphics wise AND content wise)..Gameplay wise ? We'll just have to see when it releases.

But the thing I do not like about Forza 3 is the devs. Turn 10 are probably the most annoying, loud mouthing, trash talking devs ever. They are just too damn arrogant ! They made an awesome game. But why be so arrogant ? Its like their studio is made up of 10 year old kids.