By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry (Eurogamer) - GT5P vs Forza 3 Tech analysis.

I played both and GT5P has way better lightning than Forza 3.
For the rest, Forza 3 beats GT5P.. but it is only prologue...

The important thing is the fact that Forza is a younger franchise than Gran Turismo... and they are very close to each other now...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network

Also "but, as we stressed before, clearly there are a different set of developmental priorities and resources applicable to each developer. Turn 10 obviously wants to use those resources elsewhere, be it in implementing features like rewind"

So there is something else to keep in mind as well.

Tease.

GT5P looks more photorealistic, anyone could have told us that.

Is Eurogamer comparing the replay mode of Forza 3 to gameplay of GT5P or is there a rewind option mid-race? Either way I think GT5P overall looks better which is impressive for a 2 year old demo.

Sardauk said:

I played both and GT5P has way better lightning than Forza 3.
For the rest, Forza 3 beats GT5P.. but it is only prologue...

The important thing is the fact that Forza is a younger franchise than Gran Turismo... Forza is not and never will be ''very close'' to GT.

Around the Network

This won't end well....especially when the two "K"s barge in.

OT: GT5:P is 2 years old and still looks better in some aspects. The full package will be massively impressive. Q1 2010 here we come!

IT'S NOT A DEMO!!! How many demos have you had to pay for? How many demos last about 10 hours? It is not a full game, but would you call Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty a demo, because that is less expensive than GT Prologue

I don't really care about the graphics of both of them, they both look very nice, but Uncharted 2 has spoiled me

GT5:P pushed the image more than physics, of course it looks a bit better.

The big question for me is will GT5 have the image and the physics? I have no doubt it's going to look better than Forza 3, given it's prologue already does and it has plenty of additional development time, but can DP add the physics and damage without having to lose something graphically, that's the big question.

It's a shame that because they are platform exclusives (and because Turn 10 resorted to some cheap attention getting comments) that the two titles are now seen in such a competitive light.

Oh well, human nature I guess.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

@squil

check the url. digital foundry is UNDER Eurogamer.

@damnd10ser

It was an analysis by tech geeks..and they say GT5P looks better technically. That doesn't mean Forza 3 is an inferior game.

tedsteriscool said:

This won't end well....especially when the two "K"s barge in.

OT: GT5:P is 2 years old and still looks better in some aspects. The full package will be massively impressive. Q1 2010 here we come!

Who are these two "K"s you speak of ?