By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does anyone here actually dislike Uncharted 2?

coolbeans said:
I haven't finished the game so I can't give an in-depth review but :( the gameplay hasn't changed as much.

I take it you don't enjoy any sequals then...

Around the Network

It is chapter 15 isn't it?

Kantor said:
Rainbird said:
Kantor said:
coolbeans said:
I haven't finished the game so I can't give an in-depth review but :( the gameplay hasn't changed as much.

Changed as much as what?

PS: If you're not up to Chapter 10, your opinion of the game is invalid.

Also, Chapter 14 (I think it's 14, the one which is exactly the same as Chapter 1) is a complete waste of space.

Chapter 14 is not a waste of space. You're quickly over the part that you have already played, and it helps you stay in the right mood.

At least, the first half was a waste of space. The first time, I didn't mind, because I was too busy thinking "ZOMGTHISGAMEISAWESOME!" but the second time, it became "Oh god, not this again." The entire chapter is a nightmare for collecting treasures because Drake staggers around like he's just been shot in the stomach (fair enough, he has, but why was he walking fine when the enemies were alive?), and there is zero visibility and it gives me a headache.

Chapter 15 would have been better if Nate didn't do this slow amble through the village. But I still liked it.

They still cut down pretty massively on what you actually do the second time around, so it's over quite quickly. And I'm sure Naughty Dog just made him walk slower to annoy you

coolbeans said:
Kantor said:
coolbeans said:

Changed as much as what?

Also, Chapter 14 (I think it's 14, the one which is exactly the same as Chapter 1) is a complete waste of space.

I guess my opinion is invalid, then? There probably are some people who may dislike U2 but may not post that if there's such a hostile crowd against their opinion to begin with.  You're pretty much proving that.......

What I'm saying is that you can't judge the game until you've finished it, right? And Chapter 10 happens to be the point where it goes from being a very good game to a masterpiece, so keep playing.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

dsister44 said:
This belongs in the official thread.

*reported*

No, it doesn't.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Kantor said:
coolbeans said:
Kantor said:
coolbeans said:

Changed as much as what?

I guess my opinion is invalid, then? There probably are some people who may dislike U2 but may not post that if there's such a hostile crowd against their opinion to begin with.  You're pretty much proving that.......

What I'm saying is that you can't judge the game until you've finished it, right? And Chapter 10 happens to be the point where it goes from being a very good game to a masterpiece, so keep playing.

It went to being a masterpeice when i clicked "new game"

I fucking hate the fact that I haven't yet received Uncharted 2.

outlawauron said:
dsister44 said:
This belongs in the official thread.

*reported*

No, it doesn't.

I said that to annoy Kantor who was at the time still in the IM 

badgenome said:

I fucking hate the fact that I haven't yet received Uncharted 2.

I hate people who don't own Uncharted 2!

Feylic said:
Kantor said:
coolbeans said:
Kantor said:
coolbeans said:

Changed as much as what?

It went to being a masterpeice when i clicked "new game"

I concur. But, you can't deny that it gets even better when you get to Nepal, right?

That's actually Chapter 6. My favourites were Chapters 6-14 and 16-23. The whole game was awesome, of course.