By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does anyone here actually dislike Uncharted 2?

Munkeh111 said:
It isn't perfect, but dislike it is not right, given I have already spent 35 hours on it

Give me your avatar and signature. You are hereby suspended without pay from the NDO (Nathan Drake Organization or Naughty Dog Organization)

The suspension is indefinite. I reccomend you take this time off to study the laws of treason and blasphamy.

Around the Network

It feels exactly like Uncharted 1 so far, so I would give it a 8.9 just like Uncharted 1.

BUT I only played the first 6 chapters and the fact that it's longer and has multiplayer makes it obvious that my personal rating will increase by the time I'm done with it.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
dsister44 said:
Kantor said:
dsister44 said:
This belongs in the official thread.

*reported*

No, it doesn't. Nobody who dislikes Uncharted 2 is going to go into the Official Thread, are they?

I went into the Official thread =P

Every game needs at least one troll

@FonzGemini

No, I don't think I do

How true! *Runs into Eup's 3D Dot Heros game Thread.* :D

just jokin!! :D

Sorry, Acevil already volunteered for the role 

I absolutely loved the game, it's a great game, with that said. I'll only complain about aspects of the gameplay. the puzzles didn't really feel like interesting puzzles to solve its more like matching whats in the drawings so It wasn't very cleaver on that end. And secondly I still hate the way they manage guns, I know lots of games only allow for two weapons, but still there are shotguns on the ground which hold very little ammo and rpgs, but I find with only being allowed to hold two weapons your forced to only use the gun with the larger clip. I think all shooting games should allow 4 weapons and have them selectable on the D-Pad. I thought to it would have been neat if there was vehicular gameplay, they took that out from the first game.

the gameplay all around is solid, and never a problem, it's just doesn't feel like a skill game, or a game where your thinking about your tactics, it's more like a passive gameplay with a movie like experience. I'm not saying that's bad, I love this game and think everyone should buy it. In fact even though I don't think the gameplay is new, I think the graphics and some of the angles you play out were so clever and amazing that it felt new. In fact there were times climbing my fear of heights kicked in because it felt so real.

Anyway I'm just saying maybe some gamers who love managing items and are all about gameplay, tactics and more complex puzzle solving, and usually skip cutscenes maybe those are the type to not love this game, or more likely to be disappointed, but even still I can't imagine hating it, graphics and cutscenes alone warrent this a worthy purchase.

Barozi said:
It feels exactly like Uncharted 1 so far, so I would give it a 8.9 just like Uncharted 1.

BUT I only played the first 6 chapters and the fact that it's longer and has multiplayer makes it obvious that my personal rating will increase by the time I'm done with it.

After chapter 6 or so is where it starts distancing itself a little from Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. They're still the same game but Uncharted 2 just starts doing everything on a *much* grander scale from about that point on (I was thinking the same thing around that point).

Around the Network
letsdance said:
Munkeh111 said:
It isn't perfect, but dislike it is not right, given I have already spent 35 hours on it

Give me your avatar and signature. You are hereby suspended without pay from the NDO (Nathan Drake Organization or Naughty Dog Organization)

The suspension is indefinite. I reccomend you take this time off to study the laws of treason and blasphamy.

I actually feel like changing the av, I feel I could get a better picture of Nate

I don't know what game you guys were playing Barzoi and twest but Uncharted 2 distanced itself from the first cut scene to the first time controlling Nate.

The cut scene was better than anything we've seen from the first. The climbing the train wasn't anything like the firsts climbing aspects. The environment was completely different. Then the stealth aspect when breaking in the museum.

Then after those 2 chapters it goes back to Uncharted in the jungle for a short time.

i havent played the game yet but itll be the first game i get when i finally decide to buy a ps3

End of 2012 prediction:

xbox 360 : 73-75 million  playstation 3 : 72-74 million  wii : 104-105 million 

Most hyped for :

Bioshock: infinte, The Last Of Us, Alan Wake's American Nightmare and Agent

letsdance said:

I don't know what game you guys were playing Barzoi and twest but Uncharted 2 distanced itself from the first cut scene to the first time controlling Nate.

The cut scene was better than anything we've seen from the first. The climbing the train wasn't anything like the firsts climbing aspects. The environment was completely different. Then the stealth aspect when breaking in the museum.

Then after those 2 chapters it goes back to Uncharted in the jungle for a short time.

Thats what I'm wondering.. Game felt extremely different for the first few chapters, especially the whole stealth intro level. Only after all that did it take you back to Drakes Fortune basics, and that was for maybe 1 chapter, then it exploded into Uncharted 2 awesomeness.

There are people who claim to "dislike" the taste of water, no matter what the source.

I can't think of anything more unnatural, but.. there you go. You're bound to find someone who dislikes U2.