By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why Modern Warfare 2 360 bundles will be huge!

nightsurge said:
Carl2291 said:
If we don't know how limited, then how can we tell if they will be huge?

Because every GameStop in my city is sold out of Call of Duty MW2 Prestige Editions for 360.  They had more than 50 per store with about 6 locations.... and that's JUST the Prestige Edition.  The other editions had more than 100+ reserved per store...

With that being the case, I'd say the limited amount will still be around 100k or more. I know this is just a guess, but MW2 in the States and on 360 is a force to be reckoned with.  Which would be quite "huge" if you ask me.

Everywhere i know has also sold out of the Prestige Editions. The game sales themself will be beyond huge...

But for all we know there could only be what... 50k Limited Edition 360's? All im saying is dont overhype the thing when we don't even know how many there are.

@chazy...
I doubt a multiplat bundle will change which console the fanboys would take a bullet for.

Around the Network

C'mon Montana. You secretly like to be rude.

Just like me.

and trust me i love my ps3 and it makes no sense in buying a whole console for one game that is also coming to the ps3 sorry dude but your friends thinking doesnt make alot of sense and i guess he has got money th throw around too.

SlipperyMooseCakes said:
The week of Modern Warfare 2 release expect the 360 to outsell the PS3. I too am getting the bundle.

Going by the op's logic,Just because you said that, I am going to say that this bundle will sell "monstrously" to existing 360 owners.

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

So your friend who is a huge PS fanboy and wouldn't think of trying a 360 is now giving away his beloved console and games in order to buy a console which he previously had no intention of even trying simply because of a bundle which includes a multiplatform game which he could have bought on his previously much loved PS3? ermmmmm.......

Around the Network

@crazyHorse
Thats why im so surprised at what hes doing and why i think the MW2 bundle will be really big .

End of 2012 prediction:

xbox 360 : 73-75 million  playstation 3 : 72-74 million  wii : 104-105 million 

Most hyped for :

Bioshock: infinte, The Last Of Us, Alan Wake's American Nightmare and Agent

chazy13 said:
@crazyHorse
Thats why im so surprised at what hes doing and why i think the MW2 bundle will be really big .

So...

1. There's no way you could be making this up (let's not pretend that you aren't a bit 360 biased).

2. There's no way that your friend could be strangely spontaneous (seriously, why give away his PS3 to buy a 360 so he could play a game he could play on his PS3 anyways?).

3. There's no way that this isn't representative of huge market trends (numbers in the hundred-thousands or more).

So someone sells his 360 for a PS3 and that's a trend but someone sells his PS3 for a 360 and it's inconceivable?

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand why he would bother throwing away his console along with the games just for an Xbox 360 multiplat title.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Does anyone else get the feeling this thread is just a response to THIS thread?

My Best Friend Who Is A Loyal Xbox 360 Owner Left Me Stunned Last Night!!!