By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why Modern Warfare 2 360 bundles will be huge!

Lord Flashheart said:
So someone sells his 360 for a PS3 and that's a trend but someone sells his PS3 for a 360 and it's inconceivable?

Well, to throw away his PS3 and buy an Xbox 360 just for a multiplat is a weird move, really. Especially when the guy is supposedly a "PS3 fanboy".

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

to everyone saying this is strange and probably isnt true :
thats the reason i put it in a forum because i think it kinda shows that this bundle could be much bigger than anyone thinks

End of 2012 prediction:

xbox 360 : 73-75 million  playstation 3 : 72-74 million  wii : 104-105 million 

Most hyped for :

Bioshock: infinte, The Last Of Us, Alan Wake's American Nightmare and Agent

MontanaHatchet said:
chazy13 said:
@crazyHorse
Thats why im so surprised at what hes doing and why i think the MW2 bundle will be really big .

So...

1. There's no way you could be making this up (let's not pretend that you aren't a bit 360 biased).

2. There's no way that your friend could be strangely spontaneous (seriously, why give away his PS3 to buy a 360 so he could play a game he could play on his PS3 anyways?).

3. There's no way that this isn't representative of huge market trends (numbers in the hundred-thousands or more).

don't you remember that other poster with a suspiciously low post count talking about his 360 fanboy friend who threw out his 360 to get a ps3 and uncharted 2.  the truth is that this poster's "friend" is indicative of huge market trends....it's just that the market trends shift daily depending on how many posts forum goes make that day.

Unless he tells us exactly why he's done this it's all speculation but not completely impossible or uncommon. Maybe he tried live at a friends or his friends are on live instead of PSN and he wants the multiplayer aspect of the game that he can't get on the PS3?

There could be any number of reasons so to dismiss it immediatety is foolish.

Edit: looking at his post count this is probably rubbish.

nightsurge said:

Does anyone else get the feeling this thread is just a response to THIS thread?

My Best Friend Who Is A Loyal Xbox 360 Owner Left Me Stunned Last Night!!!

I thought the exact same thing...

Around the Network

the bundle will do well. maybe even temporarily lift the 360 over the ps3 in sales. on a side note, I used to be pumped for cod mw 2, but as of late I have been losing interest. maybe I'll still pick it up, not sure.

@Lord FlashHeart
I dont know exacly why hes decided he wants a 360 now , I think its just because it has a 250gb hard drive for quite a low price .
But talking of if his friends have live or psn : I think half have 1 and half have the other

End of 2012 prediction:

xbox 360 : 73-75 million  playstation 3 : 72-74 million  wii : 104-105 million 

Most hyped for :

Bioshock: infinte, The Last Of Us, Alan Wake's American Nightmare and Agent

chazy13 said:

I know alot of people on this site have said that the modern warfare 2 360 bundles wont really do that much for 360 sales but I now believe they will really boost 360 sales.

This is because of what happened to me yesterday : My friend is a huge PS fanboy and would never even think of trying a 360 , but yesterday he told me that hes buying a 360 AND ALL BECAUSE OF THE MODERN WARFARE 2 BUNDLE! , Whats more is hes giving away his ps3 whch hes had for more than 2 years now so he can start again with his game collection and achievements ect . And now his best friend is buying the same bundle so they can play multiplayer on MW2 with him .

I really cant understand how one simple bundle can change someones opinion so much lol , but I deffinatly think this shows that the modern warfare 2 bundle could really help micrsoft out this christmas .

What is the point of your friend buying the modern warfare 2 bundle whereas he could buy the playstation 3 version instead?

WheelStriker said:
chazy13 said:

I know alot of people on this site have said that the modern warfare 2 360 bundles wont really do that much for 360 sales but I now believe they will really boost 360 sales.

This is because of what happened to me yesterday : My friend is a huge PS fanboy and would never even think of trying a 360 , but yesterday he told me that hes buying a 360 AND ALL BECAUSE OF THE MODERN WARFARE 2 BUNDLE! , Whats more is hes giving away his ps3 whch hes had for more than 2 years now so he can start again with his game collection and achievements ect . And now his best friend is buying the same bundle so they can play multiplayer on MW2 with him .

I really cant understand how one simple bundle can change someones opinion so much lol , but I deffinatly think this shows that the modern warfare 2 bundle could really help micrsoft out this christmas .

What is the point of your friend buying the modern warfare 2 bundle whereas he could buy the playstation 3 version instead?

Well granted the 360 version is the better version, but the differences are minor and really should only affect people owning both systems.

Maybe your friend is tired of getting free service and desperately wanted to start paying for XBL? Figured this MW2 360 bundle is the best way to start lol.

....but in all seriousness it is a odd/questionalbe move however im going to say its cause maybe he knows people thats on XBL and wants to 'jump in'. The power of XBL.