By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why Modern Warfare 2 360 bundles will be huge!

Has he played Uncharted 2?

Because, if he hasn`t, then giving away PS3 now is realy stupid thing to do.

Anyway, 399$ x360 MW2 bundle won`t be huge, the price is too high and only hardcore MW fans may buy it.

Around the Network

O man it's 400$?!?!?
I guess I can only buy 1 bundle then...

does it at least have wifi? Or am I going to have to run a cord on my ceiling?

ah f**@ it , I'm just gunna stick with the portstation 3 then.

The case looks sorta cool though, i guess.

OFFT: anyone notice that there are wo controllers with the bundle? Does this mean co-op?

I know poor baby seals but
http://www.amazon.de/gp/bestsellers/videogames/15855671/ref=pd_ts_zgc_vg_15855671_more?pf_rd_p=169898991&pf_rd_s=right-4&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=15855671&pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_r=0P6NJ039NCN299KK7MVA

Interested in IndieGames? Just stalk me on Twitter!!!

-News

-short reviews

and everything else you have to know

http://twitter.com/Xbl_IndieGames

ZorroX said:
Has he played Uncharted 2?

Because, if he hasn`t, then giving away PS3 now is realy stupid thing to do.

Anyway, 399$ x360 MW2 bundle won`t be huge, the price is too high and only hardcore MW fans may buy it.

maybe thats his problem that he hasnt played Uncharted 2...because nobody would ever consider giving away their PS3 or trading it up once they played Uncharted 2 lol

@libellule
LOL that looks funny where you broke it

End of 2012 prediction:

xbox 360 : 73-75 million  playstation 3 : 72-74 million  wii : 104-105 million 

Most hyped for :

Bioshock: infinte, The Last Of Us, Alan Wake's American Nightmare and Agent

Around the Network

It really depends on the total volume, but yes if they make lots available then it would make a difference. Actually the policy of using the 250gb systems for bundles in general should mean between FM3 and MW2 they could be significant of course if they only make 50k of each avaiable then that will not be true. This is always the case with bundles but I think especially in the case of the MW2 they will make them in sufficient numbers to make a difference.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
theprof00 said:

O man it's 400$?!?!?

OFFT: anyone notice that there are wo controllers with the bundle? Does this mean co-op?

As I believe this is an attempt at sarcasm/humour I will not labour the point but I always advocate homeplugs over Wifi. Minimal cabling best connection short of a lan cable and so simple somebody switching from a portstation (Trademark pending) could set it up.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
nightsurge said:
dsgrue3 said:
nightsurge said:

You're joking right? They are virtually identical. In addition, I am not used to the xbox controller layout. 

In response to this bogus post, I would just like to say HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAA SHENANIGANS!

They are nearly identical save for minor differences that make the 360 version better.  You just verified my post if nothing else since you showed uncertainty and claimed "virtually identical" which is the same as me saying "differences are minor".

I have experience with both versions of MW and WaW and each time the 360 had more little features here and there that made it just that tad extra better.  Like the ability to mute people, patches coming earlier, exclusive/timed exclusive DLC (for MW2) you count these as making the game better for the 360?, parties worked better How exactly?, etc.  Not to mention Party Chat really helps on this type of game to coordinate with team members and just the added features of Xbox Live itself make it better to purchase on 360 if you have both consoles.

I guess if you aren't used to the Xbox 360 controller, that's another reason to choose the PS3 version for your situation, but most people will agree the 360 controller is better for shooters.  It was DESIGNED for shooters.  Thats your opinion many others will argue that the symmetrical analog stick placement is ideal for shooters

But anyway, thanks for replying.  I love spreading knowledge on subjects that others may not be as well advised about.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

welshbloke said:
theprof00 said:

O man it's 400$?!?!?

As I believe this is an attempt at sarcasm/humour I will not labour the point but I always advocate homeplugs over Wifi. Minimal cabling best connection short of a lan cable and so simple somebody switching from a portstation (Trademark pending) could set it up.

Why would I need to use any wires at all as long as I have wifi with my portstation?

Especially because I don't play online so much (I have full time job) so those 2 extra maps that M$ monehatted to release 2 months later on PoS won't bother me that much.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

chazy13 said:

I know alot of people on this site have said that the modern warfare 2 360 bundles wont really do that much for 360 sales but I now believe they will really boost 360 sales.

This is because of what happened to me yesterday : My friend is a huge PS fanboy and would never even think of trying a 360 , but yesterday he told me that hes buying a 360 AND ALL BECAUSE OF THE MODERN WARFARE 2 BUNDLE! , Whats more is hes giving away his ps3 whch hes had for more than 2 years now so he can start again with his game collection and achievements ect . And now his best friend is buying the same bundle so they can play multiplayer on MW2 with him .

I really cant understand how one simple bundle can change someones opinion so much lol , but I deffinatly think this shows that the modern warfare 2 bundle could really help micrsoft out this christmas .

Yeah ok sir. Firstly the bundles are limited. Secondly everyone thats excited for modern warefare 2 already owns a system and thirdly I doubt someone would want to give there PS3 away at a time when the PS3 is swimming in exclusives.

Only people who will buy the 360 bundle are hardcore COD fans and new xbox 360 owners looking for bundles that save them money.