By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why Modern Warfare 2 360 bundles will be huge!

The story of your friend just shows that some people really think "very strange way"

Why should I sell my PS3 - because of few bucks saved on X360 bundle?!? If MW2 would be X360 exclusive, then ok - I could imagine that some people could make it... But on multi-platform title?!?

Very stupid story... :-ú

Around the Network

Why is it stupid if he did something he wanted to do?
Maybe he changed his mind on a few things? Lets string him up!!!

Whats so wrong with a 360 that getting one and even trading in your PS3 is so unbelievable?
I bet you all with problems on this would if it was someone trading a 360 for a PS3 just for a multiplat game?

It gets more like N4G with the Defence Force every day.
And someone tried to tell me on here that its the ms guys who spend all the time in Sony forums.

Lord Flashheart said:

Whats so wrong with a 360 that getting one and even trading in your PS3 is so unbelievable?
I bet you all with problems on this would if it was someone trading a 360 for a PS3 just for a multiplat game?

And someone tried to tell me on here that its the ms guys who spend all the time in Sony forums.

Do you really think that the OP posted this story for any other reason than to get the responses we've all provided? These stories are ridiculous. A 'fanboy' who loves his PS3 and would never consider playing a 360 suddenly gives his PS3 away to get the console he previously hated for a multiplatofrm game. It's just as ridiculous as the threads where someone's 360 'fanboy' friend suddenly trades in his beloved console after seeing the light with the PS3. It's not at all unconceivable that someone may tade in a PS3 for a 360 (or vice versa) but the story in the OP makes no sense and was probably only posted to get the kind of responses we've all been too eager to provide.

I know I want the MW2 bundle but by the time I have the money there won't be any left :(.

Swtchmob21 said:
and trust me i love my ps3 and it makes no sense in buying a whole console for one game that is also coming to the ps3 sorry dude but your friends thinking doesnt make alot of sense and i guess he has got money th throw around too.

i totally agree with u i also dont get that if he wants to play modern warfare 2 he can buy it on ps3 just for 60$ and his friend too but buying whole console just for one game that is also coming to ps3 doesnt make sense.

Around the Network

This is weird, must be just your friends. All my friends, who've had a 360 for wayyy longer than their ps3's, and had cod4 on the 360, are getting Cod4:2 on the ps3.

@Lord Flashheart
thanks , i dont see why everyones so surprised this happened either

End of 2012 prediction:

xbox 360 : 73-75 million  playstation 3 : 72-74 million  wii : 104-105 million 

Most hyped for :

Bioshock: infinte, The Last Of Us, Alan Wake's American Nightmare and Agent

Lord Flashheart said:

So when people jumped all over some guy stating that his friend got rid of his 360 that failed several times to make way for a PS3 and Uncharted 2 (an exlusive game with extremely high ratings) that was ok? But people in this thread questioning why someone would give away their ps3 to get a multiplatform game (and one of the few multiplatforms that is going to be near identical on both platforms) on the 360 is wrong?

Sales boost of about 80k for 360, 15k for ps3. Not too huge.

chazy13 said:

This is because of what happened to me yesterday : My friend is a huge PS fanboy and would never even think of trying a 360 , but yesterday he told me that hes buying a 360 AND ALL BECAUSE OF THE MODERN WARFARE 2 BUNDLE! , Whats more is hes giving away his ps3 whch hes had for more than 2 years now so he can start again with his game collection and achievements ect . And now his best friend is buying the same bundle so they can play multiplayer on MW2 with him .

Why? I mean WHY now?
And, has he played Uncharted 2?

Is he not afraid of RROD? He is willing to pay 50$ for online gaming now, instead of having +1 more game every year?

PS3 now cost 299$, so why would he give it away now, when ps3 got a pricecut? Why not atleast half a year ago, when PS3 cost more?

What the reasons for giving away PS3 now, when it`s moving into a Golden Age? What motivated him giving away PS3? I would understand, if he was going to become PS360 gamer, but go x360 only now? You still haven`t answered this and that`s is why this thread is getting bigger.