By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why Modern Warfare 2 360 bundles will be huge!

nightsurge said:

Well granted the 360 version is the better version, but the differences are minor and really should only affect people owning both systems.

You're joking right? They are virtually identical. In addition, I am not used to the xbox controller layout. 

In response to this bogus post, I would just like to say HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAA SHENANIGANS!

Around the Network

It could be true, but regardless the bundle will sell out, and the game will be huge, as for turning PS3 fanboys/gamers into X360 only console gamers...yea..not likely. But i expect to see huge game sales for X360, as well as a good amount of new buyers for the Christmas season.

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

dsgrue3 said:
nightsurge said:

Well granted the 360 version is the better version, but the differences are minor and really should only affect people owning both systems.

You're joking right? They are virtually identical. In addition, I am not used to the xbox controller layout. 

In response to this bogus post, I would just like to say HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAA SHENANIGANS!

They are nearly identical save for minor differences that make the 360 version better.  You just verified my post if nothing else since you showed uncertainty and claimed "virtually identical" which is the same as me saying "differences are minor".

I have experience with both versions of MW and WaW and each time the 360 had more little features here and there that made it just that tad extra better.  Like the ability to mute people, patches coming earlier, exclusive/timed exclusive DLC (for MW2), parties worked better, etc.  Not to mention Party Chat really helps on this type of game to coordinate with team members and just the added features of Xbox Live itself make it better to purchase on 360 if you have both consoles.

I guess if you aren't used to the Xbox 360 controller, that's another reason to choose the PS3 version for your situation, but most people will agree the 360 controller is better for shooters.  It was DESIGNED for shooters. 

But anyway, thanks for replying.  I love spreading knowledge on subjects that others may not be as well advised about.

This sounds like an exact parody thread to the PS3 one someone made the other day.

EDIT: I see, I agree with nightsurge and dsister.

wfz said:
This sounds like an exact parody thread to the PS3 one someone made the other day.

That's what I thought, too.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=2761886

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
wfz said:

That's what I thought, too.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=2761886

Haha yeah I just made that post without reading any comments first. I then saw your post and dsister quoting it, and so I just edited my last post.

This is like..identical.

The MW2 is basically a 250 GB Elite with MW2 and that's it? For $400 US (sold for $430 in Canada), they should be including more goodies than that. Especially when the holiday 120 GB Elite includes Pure and Lego Batman. Having more hard drive space is great and I know that's why lots of people are going to buy it (since we have no choice. we're stuck with the first-party hard drives) but MS really overcharges for hard drive space. I'll stick with my 60 GB hard drive (I'm patient. I can delete games I'm not going to play for awhile to make space and re-install later) until MS stops with the outrageous hard drive pricing. I understand they have to sell hard drives at higher than market rates (they need the profit after all) but astronomically high mark up is unacceptable.

chazy13 said:

I know alot of people on this site have said that the modern warfare 2 360 bundles wont really do that much for 360 sales but I now believe they will really boost 360 sales.

This is because of what happened to me yesterday : My friend is a huge PS fanboy and would never even think of trying a 360 , but yesterday he told me that hes buying a 360 AND ALL BECAUSE OF THE MODERN WARFARE 2 BUNDLE! , Whats more is hes giving away his ps3 whch hes had for more than 2 years now so he can start again with his game collection and achievements ect . And now his best friend is buying the same bundle so they can play multiplayer on MW2 with him .

I really cant understand how one simple bundle can change someones opinion so much lol , but I deffinatly think this shows that the modern warfare 2 bundle could really help micrsoft out this christmas .

you are talking about a guy that owned a Xbox360 and get a PS3 and finally get back a 360 ...

seriously, he is no representative AT ALL. Before the bundle, he was already tempted to buy a 360.

/thread

Time to Work !

DAMN, I killed the thread LOL

sorry

Time to Work !

nightsurge said:

Does anyone else get the feeling this thread is just a response to THIS thread?

My Best Friend Who Is A Loyal Xbox 360 Owner Left Me Stunned Last Night!!!

LOL, I was thinking the same thing.

To be consistant, why do people make threads like this?  It does nothing but cause grief.

I do find it funny how the supporters/haters pretty much just switch sides on this stuff.  Its a bit embaracing really for some of them really.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!