By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why Modern Warfare 2 360 bundles will be huge!

I know alot of people on this site have said that the modern warfare 2 360 bundles wont really do that much for 360 sales but I now believe they will really boost 360 sales.

This is because of what happened to me yesterday : My friend is a huge PS fanboy and would never even think of trying a 360 , but yesterday he told me that hes buying a 360 AND ALL BECAUSE OF THE MODERN WARFARE 2 BUNDLE! , Whats more is hes giving away his ps3 whch hes had for more than 2 years now so he can start again with his game collection and achievements ect . And now his best friend is buying the same bundle so they can play multiplayer on MW2 with him .

I really cant understand how one simple bundle can change someones opinion so much lol , but I deffinatly think this shows that the modern warfare 2 bundle could really help micrsoft out this christmas .

End of 2012 prediction:

xbox 360 : 73-75 million  playstation 3 : 72-74 million  wii : 104-105 million 

Most hyped for :

Bioshock: infinte, The Last Of Us, Alan Wake's American Nightmare and Agent

Around the Network

The bundles are a limited edition.

They wont be that huge.

yeah but for now we still dont know how limited

End of 2012 prediction:

Most hyped for :

If we don't know how limited, then how can we tell if they will be huge?

Carl2291 said:
If we don't know how limited, then how can we tell if they will be huge?

Because every GameStop in my city is sold out of Call of Duty MW2 Prestige Editions for 360.  They had more than 50 per store with about 6 locations.... and that's JUST the Prestige Edition.  The other editions had more than 100+ reserved per store...

With that being the case, I'd say the limited amount will still be around 100k or more. I know this is just a guess, but MW2 in the States and on 360 is a force to be reckoned with.  Which would be quite "huge" if you ask me.

Around the Network

Im not sayins sales will be huge im ssaying it will have a big impact , like changing PS fanboys into 360 fanboys .

End of 2012 prediction:

Most hyped for :

The week of Modern Warfare 2 release expect the 360 to outsell the PS3. I too am getting the bundle.

so just cause your friend is getting one the bundle will be huge???

Even if they sell every limited edition it won't be that big an increase as it's numbers are still limited.
Would help during the summer when sales of consoles are low but during christmas when the sales are at their highest it will be a marginal increase at best.
You probably wouldn't notice.

So a couple of your friends indicate major market shifts?

I hate to be rude, but come on...