By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The alliance of random members who believe the N64 is better than the PS1!!

PS1 library may have been more complete but it lacked the masterpieces that made the N64 great.

Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Super Mario 64 and Goldeneye all stand as some of the greatest games ever made.

Also Pokemon Snap

Around the Network
Chairman-Mao said:
Rofl 102 million from the 90's people say the PS1 is better then the N64

Fixed :-p

But seriously, the general population doesn't know about games and tend to buy consoles based on loose reasoning. Because a console is more popular than another gives little indication to show it is any better imo.

coolbeans said:
I most definatly agree with this, still my fav. console of all time :)..............although the cartridge blowing was annoying.

But that was all part of the charm of the console.

*Sigh*

I miss cartridges... Stupid optical drives, good for nothing, stupid piece of...

Rath said:
PS1 library may have been more complete but it lacked the masterpieces that made the N64 great.

Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Super Mario 64 and Goldeneye all stand as some of the greatest games ever made.

Also Pokemon Snap

I thought Metal Gear Solid, FF 7 8 9, and Tekken 3 were on PS1

but th3 FF7z?!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

PS1 just had way more quality, and way more games that started big franchises.

Gran Turismo
Metal Gear Solid
Resident Evil
Crash Bandicoot
Need for Speed
Tomb Raider
Tekken
Medal of Honor
Spyro
Silent Hill
Dead or Alive
Suikoden

Not to forget, PS1 is the console that gave Final Fantasy worldwide popularity.

Oh, and Discs > Cartridges

EDIT: How the hell did i forget about Grand Theft Auto ¬_¬

AndrewE said:
Yeah it was a real shame I didn't get to play Goldeneye, Mario 64, Zelda... wait what else?

Multiply the AAA titles for 64 by about 10 and you have the number of AAA titles for PS1.

Let's have a brief list of undeniably amazing and classic games for the PS1, in no particular order.

The Final Fantasy series (not really my bag but everyone else loves them)

Chrono Cross

Crash Bandicoot series (1 and 3 in particular, but they were all good, long live Naughty Dog)

Resident Evil 1, 2, and 3 (who can deny their awesomeness?)

Tekken 1, 2, and 3 (2 and 3 in particular, classic, classic fighting games)

Syphon Filter Series

Twisted Metal Series (1 and 2, fuck 3 and 4 those were terrible)

Jet Moto Series (1 and 2 mostly)

Metal Gear Solid

Xenogears

Cool Borders Series (1080 snowboarding fucking blew)

Abes Odysee (amazing)

Abes Exodus (amazing, again)

Ape Escape Series (a surprisingly amazing platformer)

ESPN Extreme Games (one of the launch titles for the PS, this probably isn't on anyone elses list but it will always be on mine and I'm putting it in the list regardless)

Medal of Honor

Soul Reaver series (wait was this on 64 too? I don't know...)

Ridge Racer series

Need for Speed series (come on now, let's give some credit)

Grand Theft Auto 1 and 2

Tomb Raider Series (became a worthless franchise after the PS1 era but whatever, doesn't matter here)

Hot Shots Golf

etc, etc, etc....

There are tons of games I didn't list that are personal favorites of MINE but may not have been for other people (Frogger, Rogue Trip, Croc, etc) and I couldn't really list those as universally acclaimed "classics" compared to the others.

edit: Slightly beaten by above post :(, mine's more thorough though!

i must be crazy, really crazy

i must be the only person in the entire world who thinks tales of destiny > final fantasy 7

Psn: Shiro_TOV

Proud Nintendo Loyalist And A BIG JPRG Fan

Xenoblade: my best candidate for the best monolith rpg!!!

AnarchyWest said:
Rath said:

Also Pokemon Snap

I thought Metal Gear Solid, FF 7 8 9, and Tekken 3 were on PS1

Those games are not even in the same league as SM64 , OoT , Majoras Mask and goldeneye.....

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Never owned it, would really love to play it though. Maybe one day I'll buy a Wii and go crazy with the VC because the only interstiing Wii game for me is NSMB since the DS one I got for my little sister was f'ing great (loves Super Matio World).