By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Minor Complaint/Suggestion Thread (Updates continuously listed in Original Post)

Carl2291 said:
Yeah i know.

Im still upset nobody likes my minor suggestion

I like it

Remember, TalonMan is working his way down the thread, so it'll be a while before he reaches here.

I could try:

Hey, TalonMan, could you change the PS3 logo on the front page to the real PS3 logo?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

are you guys talking about the little Red Icons?

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I think they mean the one on the hardware sales widgit.

The one on the front page with the bar chart sales thing.

Every console/ handheld has the official logo, the PS3 one is fake.

oliist said:
It would be great if you could disable the 'Update Boxart ' button if the user forgot to use 'Region' and/or 'Type'.
As you know for yourself, is one of those categories missing, the boxart isn't displayed properly.
Thus it would be best to prevent this problem completely.

Finally a personal statistics table where we could see how many games, boxarts etc. you have submitted would be the coolest database concerning feature ever.
I mean I'd count my submissions by myself if the complete list wouldn't freeze every existing computer.

^That would be a pretty cool feature, I second that one. It would probably encourage people to update the database more aswell.

Also it might be better if users transaction history was done in pages instead of 1 big page, and we could set them to 50, 100 or even 1000 submissions per page. Something like that.

Around the Network
TalonMan said:
Gilgamesh said:

I asked for this to get fixed a few months ago and it's still the same, it should be a quick fix.

When uploading box arts the text that shows the source of the file I'm uplaoding is black (the same color as the background) so it makes it really hard to tell if theres any text there or not. I like being able to see it just to double check that I'm uploading the right image.

EDIT: Another thing I wanted to come back but didn't. It'd be nice if we could hover over the main links (Home, Charts, News, Wii etc) and the sub links show up. It's very tedious having to clink Forum then click Sony, I just want to get there as fast as I can and it's like going the long way around, I don't understand why this was removed, it's to slow.

What browser are you using?

I'm using Firefox, I just checked Internet Explorer and it's the same.

I also tried Chrome and for some reason the image source didn't show up at all?

TalonMan said:
Ok - I give up - what's missing and what makes it fake? The 'Playstation 3' text???

This is the proper PS3 logo (without the PlayStation 3 bit):

Old fake one uses this font:

TalonMan said:
Gilgamesh said:
TalonMan said:
Gilgamesh said:

I asked for this to get fixed a few months ago and it's still the same, it should be a quick fix.

When uploading box arts the text that shows the source of the file I'm uplaoding is black (the same color as the background) so it makes it really hard to tell if theres any text there or not. I like being able to see it just to double check that I'm uploading the right image.

EDIT: Another thing I wanted to come back but didn't. It'd be nice if we could hover over the main links (Home, Charts, News, Wii etc) and the sub links show up. It's very tedious having to clink Forum then click Sony, I just want to get there as fast as I can and it's like going the long way around, I don't understand why this was removed, it's to slow.

What browser are you using?

I'm using Firefox, I just checked Internet Explorer and it's the same.

I also tried Chrome and for some reason the image source didn't show up at all?

You mean here?

What the?

I get this all the time

Munkeh111 said:
TalonMan said:
Ok - I give up - what's missing and what makes it fake? The 'Playstation 3' text???

PS3 is in the old PS2/PSP font.

Carl2291 said:
Munkeh111 said:
TalonMan said:

PS3 is in the old PS2/PSP font.

Is it really? PSP is certainly more pointy