By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Famitsu delayed due to big Nintendo announcement

i wander if they pitched the Dread idea for the DS and the Result is Other M.

Around the Network
Erik Aston said:
The Martinet thing, the IGN thing, and now this.

Except, why would they announce anything right now? Why announce something in October, when you're gearing up for the holiday season, that won't be launching for the holidays?

That didn't stop them last year.

noname2200 said:
Erik Aston said:

Except, why would they announce anything right now? Why announce something in October, when you're gearing up for the holiday season, that won't be launching for the holidays?

There will be no October announcements.

Shonen said:
chriscox1121 said:
Mr Khan said:
griffinA said:
As for developers of this project my guess is it's something from these guys:

Retro
Sora ltd.
Factor 5
HAL Laboratories

Those, as well the Zelda Team and Intelligent Systems are the targets of most interest, i think. Everyone else is either accounted for, or has released something too recently to be noticeable (like EAD 1 and 2)

I want a new Fire Emblem that was made specifically for the Wii .  I'm not talking controls, but one that didn't start out for the gamecube

You know what would rocks ? picture what they did with Advanced wars on the Wii now do it with Fire Emblem and add some motion plus control , what you get ? GOLD !!!

I would of prefered Advance Wars on the Wii made like Advance wars not Battalion wars, I wouldnt want Fire Emblem done the same. I am hoping this announcment if true is a new Fire Emblem or Advance Wars for the Wii. None of the Days of Ruin of Battalion Wars stuff please.

Yes! Please be something cool. I am ready for it ;)

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
Erik Aston said:

I suppose. But they broke their own rule of no too-early announcemnets last year, announcing a bunch of games which are only now starting to come out with S&P2 in Japan, due to their poor E3 reception.

This year they had a better E3 reception. They have NSMBW around the corner, and SMG2 probably first half next year. I think they can be more confident about the future, and not have to do something weird like announce a late 2010 game in late 2009.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

chriscox1121 said:
i wander if they pitched the Dread idea for the DS and the Result is Other M.

That make sense ...

You are related to professor layton or something ?

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

darthdevidem01 said:
@seraphic

LOL

It could be a FF15 announcement

DQX gameplay?

They are announcing that FF19 will be a launch title for Wii 6.

@Those saying Zelda:  Zelda's not that big in Japan so I doubt they would delay Famitsu for it.

viewtiful_jon said:
Shonen said:
chriscox1121 said:
Mr Khan said:
griffinA said:
As for developers of this project my guess is it's something from these guys:

Retro
Sora ltd.
Factor 5
HAL Laboratories

Those, as well the Zelda Team and Intelligent Systems are the targets of most interest, i think. Everyone else is either accounted for, or has released something too recently to be noticeable (like EAD 1 and 2)

I want a new Fire Emblem that was made specifically for the Wii .  I'm not talking controls, but one that didn't start out for the gamecube

You know what would rocks ? picture what they did with Advanced wars on the Wii now do it with Fire Emblem and add some motion plus control , what you get ? GOLD !!!

I would of prefered Advance Wars on the Wii made like Advance wars not Battalion wars, I wouldnt want Fire Emblem done the same. I am hoping this announcment if true is a new Fire Emblem or Advance Wars for the Wii. None of the Days of Ruin of Battalion Wars stuff please.

Dont get me worng i loved Fire Emblem on Wii just like i loved on the game cube , but think on how epic would this game be ...1000 soldiers against 200 dragons , and other laguz ....all in real time chaos ...OMG *-*

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

Erik Aston said:
noname2200 said:
Erik Aston said:

I suppose. But they broke their own rule of no too-early announcemnets last year, announcing a bunch of games which are only now starting to come out with S&P2 in Japan, due to their poor E3 reception.

This year they had a better E3 reception. They have NSMBW around the corner, and SMG2 probably first half next year. I think they can be more confident about the future, and not have to do something weird like announce a late 2010 game in late 2009.

I stop short of agreeing that Nintendo felt truly vulnerable before Animal Crossing and Wii Music were released. Moreover, that wouldn't explain their October 2007 conference, when they announced WiiWare, Monster Hunter 3, and Mario Kart Wii (all of which I believe were releasing after the holidays).