By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Famitsu delayed due to big Nintendo announcement

KHMS

Kingdom Hearts with Mario and Sonic and Disney

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network
PhalanxCO said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@seraphic

LOL

It could be a FF15 announcement

DQX gameplay?

They are announcing that FF19 will be a launch title for Wii 6.

@Those saying Zelda:  Zelda's not that big in Japan so I doubt they would delay Famitsu for it.

NINTENDO X SQUARE FINAL DRAGON HUNTER ON-LINE

HDASUHDAUSHD

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

hmmm

First Images of Dragon Quest X?

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

noname... I guess you are right. Nintendo does have a little history of October announcements beyond just being desperate.

Thrillhouse... No way is it DQX. I think that game is looking at a late 2011 release at the very earliest. I wouldn't be surprised if it launched even after Wii's successor is out. SE likes to launch one DQ per generation on as big of an install base as possible. That way there is tons of anticipation, and as big of a potential audience as possible, and a late 2010 release on a 12 million install base won't yield that combination.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Its probably either the Mario game or some interview with Miyamoto about a new Zelda. If its anything at all.

I still pray we're getting a Paper Mario 4...

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Around the Network

I don't want to get exited a lot but because it delayed famitsu i think it will be a big third party announcement i will guess it is from SE. Some will say it is kingdom hearts 3 but since there's a miyamoto's keynote on saturday i guess nintendo is included too so my guess is Super Mario RPG 2 because of the thing of mario's voice. Well let's hope for something good.

Why?  If Soriku said:
I have a hard time believing they'd delay a Famitsu for a Mario game or some Zelda interview...

Why?  If the news just happened a day or two before print or Miyamoto wanted to have a 6 page Zelda spread with them and they couldn't finish it in time (because it was close to deadline), it could easily warrant a delay.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

It seems unlikely that it would be something really big. I would agree with the people who have predicted a New Super Mario bundle.

Soriku said:
griffinA said:
chriscox1121 said:
I wouldn't be suprised in future if Kingdom Hearts goes Wii exclusive. Look how well the DS version is selling in the states. Also, whatever happend to that company that Nintendo bought that made RPG's? didn't they make the panzer games? or am i mistaken. Also, Sakurai said awhile back that he was making something that noone has seen before!

Do you mean Monolith or Brownie Brown?

Monolith is busy making Monado: Beginning of the World for the Wii (An RPG)

Brownie Brown has been making DS RPGs

Monolith has two teams. I'll just classify them as the Soma Bringer team and the Baten Kaitos team. The Soma Bringer team is likely the one doing Monado, the Baten Kaitos team just finished some DBZ game for DS a while ago and now they're free.

I'd love to see first Zelda screens or Sakurai's new game.

Monolith Soft is making a new Super Robot Wars OG game for the DS. So none of their teams are free.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Khuutra said:
.....Maybe a Player's Choice lineup?

Oooo.

Hrm. That'd make a fun thread!

Anywho... we'll see soon enough...