By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Visceral Games:"Shame no one bought DS:Extraction, Wii support reconsidered

Still I find it unreasonable for them to expect that everyone should be buying their game day 1.

Many people don't rush out to buy a game, even less when the game is a spin-off to a new IP. They have to give it time to see if it sells AND make the public aware of the existence of such game.

I'm glad things aren0t working out the way they wanted to when the effort to promote this game was null. And then the threats to Wii owners won't help either.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

This is becoming a running theme on the Wii. The Quality to sales connection on the Wii isn't as strong as on the other systems. If many Wii owners don't read reviews, all they have to go by is their eyes. "Ooh, Sonic and Mario in the SAME game, at the Olympics?! What game can be better than that?!" It's hard to overcome that on the Wii. At least thats the way it seems.

When I eventually pick up a Wii this will be one of the first games I get. Dead Space was such a great game.

@trestres

do you think "wii owners" evern knew there were threats?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

what SKU plans? another "guided first-person experience"? looks like Wii owners won't really miss that...

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Around the Network

This game is probably severely overtracked here. For some reason, I have the feeling the game sold less than 10k in the US. Let's wait for NPD.

trestres said:
Still I find it unreasonable for them to expect that everyone should be buying their game day 1.

Many people don't rush out to buy a game, even less when the game is a spin-off to a new IP. They have to give it time to see if it sells AND make the public aware of the existence of such game.

I'm glad things aren0t working out the way they wanted to when the effort to promote this game was null. And then the threats to Wii owners won't help either.

How much promotion was there for Demon Soul? And yet, it still sold well, base purely on review scores and internet hypes.

At least people do know Dead Space name (from its PS360 counterparts).

the simply conlusion is.. the developer might be right this time.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
It's simply unreasonable to expect a third-party game to do well on Wii JUST because it recieved high-review scores.

Didn't work for Zak and Wiki

Didn't work for Mad World

Didn't work for NMH

Just face it, most Wii game buyers (and yes, I mean the people who actually go buy games) don't read reviews.

I think you mean most human beings don't read reviews. Don't kid yourself into thinking the HD zombies care outside of their petty list warz. It's nice to know that you're still around though. I haven't seen you come out from under your bridge in ages.

Anyways, people kept slamming Extraction for being on rails and not like the original Dead Space. Well now they have something in common - hardly anyone bought them. Hur hur hur!

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Quality does not sell very well on the wii

Ive got House of the dead i dont need any other on rail shooters, if it was not an on rail i might of bought it!