By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will Naughty Dog continue the Uncharted series on the next Sony console?

bukannya naughty dog da jd anak perusahaannya sony?
ya pst keluar di SONY la!!

Around the Network

hitsu buy uncharted 2 in malaysia its awesome!!

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

gustave154 said:
hitsu buy uncharted 2 in malaysia its awesome!!

what awesome?

apanya yg awesome?

100% another Uncharted game
they have more or less said it but are on a brake right now to give everyone a break, infact from the derector of Uncharted 2 the numbers 3 & 4 have come out of her mouth before she back tracked. il try find the video

I hope they will continue to create Uncharted games, but like it has been already suggested, don't let it get out of hand. Let this become the James Bond of gaming, with plenty of room for new IPs to also be made by ND. That way the market won't tire of them.

Around the Network

Well, they "abandoned" Crash because Universal (or Activision Blizzard as they are now known) owned the IP, and ND only had a contract for three games, plus CTR. I'm not sure why they didn't renew it, because the Crash games were massive sellers, but they didn't.

So, now owned by Sony, they decided to try a new IP, and made Jak. It was never HUGELY successful, on the level that Crash was, but it did well enough. Sales decreased from one iteration to the next, so they tried something new again. And they got Uncharted. Slow opening, great legs. But it only hit 2.5 million. The second will destroy that total, and the third could sell more still. But apparently they are revisiting the Jak franchise after Uncharted 2, so they haven't forgotten about it.

The Uncharted franchise will be more successful than the Jak franchise in the end, and it's owned by Sony, so no problems there. We'll definitely be seeing it on PS4.

Also, Uncharted > Crash > Jak. But they're all awesome.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

dsister44 said:
Jak and Daxter>>>>>Crash>>>>> Uncharted Just for future reference

And no. They will make a third one and then a racer then move onto another IP

Blasphemy. Play Uncharted 2 and then say that.

I got the uncharted behind the scenes videos after I completed the game. In the first one they mention how they're taking a break before going back to review what they can do better in the next game.

In other words it does sound like were inbound for a uncharted 3 :p

Check out my game about moles ^

Crash Bandicoot >>> all their other franchises!

SONY won't let them as Uncharted is now SONY's 3rd biggest franchise!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Jak > Uncharted Bitches.

4 ≈ One