By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will Naughty Dog continue the Uncharted series on the next Sony console?

stewroids said:
perpride said:
dsister44 said:
Jak and Daxter>>>>>Crash>>>>> Uncharted Just for future reference

And no. They will make a third one and then a racer then move onto another IP

Uncharted>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else.

Agreed, as much as I love Jak and Crash, Uncharted is much much better!

win

Around the Network

Don't think so. I have a feeling they will make Uncharted 3 and end it and make a new IP.

Also with Ratchet and Clank Future, Resistance and probably inFamous. Just looking at the past generations, Naughty Dog and Insomniac always made 3 games for each series that are within the story and also Sucker Punch with Sly Cooper.

Idk, just my feeling.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 > Modern Warfare 2

I hope they make something else first on the ps4 (or whatever it is going to be called) and then make a new uncharted game. That way they will get better at getting the most out of the hardware and therefore it can be even better.

My Eyes!!! The Goggles Do Nothing!!!

stewroids said:
makingmusic476 said:
I think Sony will force them.

From the looks of it, Uncharted 2 will turn the Uncharted franchise into Sony's second largest, between Gran Turismo and God of War.

Yeah, I think U2 is their most critically acclaimed title, along with GOW and GT.

I was talking more in terms of sales.  I think Uncharted 2 may outsell God of War III.

Of course, I forgot LBP in all of this.  That may end up outselling all three God of Wars if its legs hold up, putting it at worst third behind Uncharted (if Uncharted tops God of War III).

Hmm, I can see Insomniac completely letting go of Ratchet and focusing on Resistance...they even said at E3 that ACIT may be the last game in the franchise...as for Sucker Punch, they are definitely making a second Infamous for PS3, don't know what they will be up to next...but I highly doubt they will go back to Sly Cooper...Guerrila Games will always keep the Killzone franchise alive, it's a pretty important franchise and I really can't see GG doing anything else...Polyphony Digital will obviously continue to make GT games...as for Santa Monica, they also said at E3 that GOW3 is the last game, so they might end up making a brand new IP or continue the GOW storyline in some other way...ND might go either way, they might continue Uncharted, especially after the reception that U2 got, I can see Uncharted becoming a permanent franchise like Gran Turismo...they might however make a new IP, all of their games are getting more and more mature by each generation, so maybe after Uncharted they might do a game that is a bit more violent or serious.

Around the Network

You can't really say they abandoned Crash. They wanted to make games for SONY and SONY lost the rights to crash... They've also been saying for a while and during the Jak days that they wanted to work on a more mature action franchise, now they're doing it, and that said franchise is doing quite well.

So really... there's nothing pointing to them dropping Uncharted...

With that said... I started replaying Jak3 yesterday and... I WANT JAK FOR THE MUTHA FUCKIN' PLAYSTATION 3 ALREADY!!!

4 ≈ One

They abandoned crash and then sold it.

Dgc1808 said:
You can't really say they abandoned Crash. They wanted to make games for SONY and SONY lost the rights to crash... They've also been saying for a while and during the Jak days that they wanted to work on a more mature action franchise, now they're doing it, and that said franchise is doing quite well.

With that said... I started replaying Jak3 yesterday and... I WANT JAK FOR THE MUTHA FUCKIN' PLAYSTATION 3 ALREADY!!!

Actually DGC. I believe that Warner Bros owned 20% of Naughty Dog. And when Sony wanted to buy them they ahd to hand over an IP. It is kind of like Bungie and Take-Two

NicholasCage said:
Don't think so. I have a feeling they will make Uncharted 3 and end it and make a new IP.

Also with Ratchet and Clank Future, Resistance and probably inFamous. Just looking at the past generations, Naughty Dog and Insomniac always made 3 games for each series that are within the story and also Sucker Punch with Sly Cooper.

Idk, just my feeling.

But aren't there like a bajillion [7 or 8, i think] ratchet games??

OT: So here's what I predict:

Naughty Dog will make  atleast 2 more games this gen. One Jak, one Uncharted. Then after that... who knows... Uncharted will probably go on, though. 

GG's next game will be KZ3. That will end the series. It shall be Epic. After that, either a new IP or they start working closely with PD or Santa Monica a new IP.

I don't know how Resistance 2 ended, so I'm gonna assume it ended nicely and we'll be getting a new IP from Inzomniac.

We'll get inFamous 2 and then Sly4 this gen from SuckerPunch. Then depending on the ending for inFamous 2, we either see a 3 or a new IP.

Santa Monica will in GoW with GoW3. Then start a new IP working closely with GG or PD.

PD will of course make another Gran Turismo... for the Playstation4!!! GT5 will get updates and enhancements throughout the gen. GT6 will be a PS4 launch title. As for games in the main time, Yamauchi has expressed interest in  working on an RPG. While so their focus will be on GT6, enhancing GT5, AND working with GG or SantaM on this new RPG.

This is how it will all happen. This is my dream world. I decide what goes. You're all here because I allow you to be. 

4 ≈ One

dsister44 said:
Dgc1808 said:

Actually DGC. I believe that Warner Bros owned 20% of Naughty Dog. And when Sony wanted to buy them they ahd to hand over an IP. It is kind of like Bungie and Take-Two

Seriously?? Seems kinda odd they would let go of Crash and Spyro... those games sold amazingly on PS1... did WarnerBros pick the IP's or something? Cause then it's still not abandonment

4 ≈ One