By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will Naughty Dog continue the Uncharted series on the next Sony console?

If you don't know already because you've been living under a rock for the past decade or so, ND is one of the best devs in gaming today and have made some fantastic games with beautiful graphics and mindblowing gameplay. They developed the Crash Bandicoot franchise on the PS1 which was very successful, however, with the dawn of the PS2, they abandoned that franchise and moved to Jak and Daxter. Although many of us were upset that Crash games weren't being made anymore, Jak and Daxter was a much better franchise in the eyes of many. When the PS3 came along, ND once again abandoned their previous franchise and made Uncharted 1 and 2, which are one of the best games of this generation. My question to you is simple: Do you think (or want) ND will leave Uncharted behind and move on to a new IP, or will they continue with the adventures of Drake for the PS4? Do you think they can top Uncharted, just like they topped Crash with Jak, and Jak with Uncharted? What sort of game should they make next? DISCUSS!

Around the Network

Jak and Daxter>>>>>Crash>>>>> Uncharted Just for future reference

And no. They will make a third one and then a racer then move onto another IP

I think crash was better than jak but it might just be me. I can see them doing the same thing why not?

I'm not martin luther king. I don't have a dream. I have a plan

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

I think Sony will force them.

From the looks of it, Uncharted 2 will turn the Uncharted franchise into Sony's second largest, between Gran Turismo and God of War.

makingmusic476 said:
I think Sony will force them.

From the looks of it, Uncharted 2 will turn the Uncharted franchise into Sony's second largest, between Gran Turismo and God of War.

Yeah, I think U2 is their most critically acclaimed title, along with GOW and GT.

Around the Network

If Uncharted sells 3M plus you can expect it. I think ND is working on a Jak game now

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

dsister44 said:

Uncharted>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else.

dsister44 said:

lets pretend uncharted 2 isn't one of the best games ever made.

perpride said:
dsister44 said:

Uncharted>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else.

Agreed, as much as I love Jak and Crash, Uncharted is much much better!

perpride said:
dsister44 said:

I'm sorry, but no