By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm geting a Wii for Christmas. Need help.

Well, today my mom took me off to the side and asked me to buy a Wii for Christmas with my employee discount for the family. I need some game suggestions. I know I'm gonna get Zelda. What else? With my 64 I enjoyed Mario, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, and various other games but on the Wii I didn't really enjoy Galaxy or Smash Bros. Had limited play with Mario Kart and it still seemed fun. I've played Madworld which was fun but I wouldn't buy. No More Heros which I didn't enjoy. So I need some suggestions on which games to look at.

Around the Network

Resident Evil 4 if you like the genre.

well for YOUR FAMILY, since RE4 is not a FAMILY game.. lol

get mario kart wii, and Wii sports resort

mM

LOL... I played RE4 on the Ps2. and I'll leave the mini games for my mom to buy. I'll tell her which ones to by so don't stop suggesting them but I'm looking for enjoyable single player games.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Around the Network

Oh then definately super mario galaxy, and OKAMI

mM

Metroid Prime Trilogy.

I can imagine zack and wiki being good when you have 5 or so people trying to figure out the same puzzle.

as for more single player games - depends what kind of thing you want. off my to-gamefly list, i see...
deadly creatures
de blob
wario land: shake it!
rune factory: frontier
Tales of symphonia: Dawn of the New World
the godfather (wii edition)
Little Kings story
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

and that list hasnt been updated in a while. theres also this sticky -
http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=67101
^ the Wii recommendation guide. enjoy

um..stuff

Don't forget your VC choices! DK series, Mario bros 1, 2, and 3, etc etc etc

You should get the N64 games that you enjoyed so much from the Virtual Console. There affordable and would bring back all the memories you had of playing them so many years ago.