By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm geting a Wii for Christmas. Need help.

metroid prime 3 or metroid trilogy
Muramasa
Dead Space
New super mario bros wii
MK WII
Super Paper Mario
Zack and wiki
wario land
Tenchu
puch out!!
Little kings story

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network

for multiplayer fun, get new super mario bros wii. it's like the old 2-d mario games, except with 4 player simultanious co-op! it should be a very fun family game.

as for single player games, try out pikmin 1/2. they are kind of a strategy rpg where you play a space caption that leads a group of plant like things called pikmin to do your bidding, like building stuff, killing the native creatures, and searching for space parts/treasure. at the time when it came out on the gamecube, it was it's own little sub genre of it's own. theres been some similar games made resently, such as overlord and little kings story (also a very good game)

and for the aforementioned okami, it's a game that has a zelda feel to it (exploring dungeons, collecting stuff/abilities to get stronger, ext). it has a beautiful old japanese paper artstyle to it, and one of the main ideas of the game is using a paintbrush to draw symbols on the screen to use certain abilities, such as a simple line to slash enemies or random objects, colering in something thats missing or broken to fix it, or drawing a circle around a dead tree to bring it back to life. it'll also easely last you 40 hours. more if you want to get into all the sidequests.

um, i'll post more if i can think of any.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

Definitely get Metroid Prime Trilogy. It is a great deal and it will last you a long time

Mario Kart Wii
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Virtual Console

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

The LKS love here warms my heart.

RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:
The LKS love here warms my heart.

The game is my favorite and you know it.

I know Rol, I know.

Edit: Hey, why'd you stealth-edit?

Around the Network

Little Kings Story
House of the Dead Overkill
Dead Space Extraction
Wii Sports Resort
Mario Kart Wii

All great games.

stuff like warioware, Wii sports resort, smash bros.. mkart.. u get the picture..

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

For the Family:
Any of the Rayman Games
Mario Kart
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Wii Sports Resort
Dokapon Kingdom
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Boom Blox Bash Party

For you:
Little King's Story
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Punch-Out!!
Trauma Center: New Blood
Dead Space: Extraction
The Conduit
Rune Factory: Frontier
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Klonoa
de Blob
A Boy and His Blob
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
Okami
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Bully: Scholarship Edition

leo-j said:
Oh then definately super mario galaxy, and OKAMI

He said he didn't enjoy Galaxy ... which is kinda strange but I know one other person who couldn't get past the first planet because he just did not enjoy what was going on

Anyway, it's really hard to recommend games to someone who is picky like you, letsdance, but I'll try

I guess you should check Metroid Prime Trilogy, Fire Emblem (either of them - but you will need a GC controller to play the Path of Radiance), Excite Truck, and when you are telling your mom which minigames to pick up, don't forget Warioware Smooth Moves

This was just what I remembered from the top of my head but I hope it helps

If you want to play/exchange stuff online with me, just send me a message

PAL Region, country set to UK [Wii] 8714 6838 0977 5469

COD W@W FC: 2966 5176 6725
COD MW [Reflex] FC: 3568 2083 1513
Monster Hunter Tri Name: Cobra ID: TJCXVR
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 FC: 5199 8914 0552
SSB Brawl FC: 4641 1109 2262
GoldenEye 007 FC: 0136 4916 1439
Trackmania FC: 0905 1720 9842
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom UAS FC: 1850 4714 0865

[3DS] 1246 - 8738 - 3987

CGI-Quality said:
letsdance said:
LOL... I played RE4 on the Ps2. and I'll leave the mini games for my mom to buy. I'll tell her which ones to by so don't stop suggesting them but I'm looking for enjoyable single player games.

Well, like I said Umbrella Chronicles and The Conduit have pretty good single players. Also, Cursed Mountain is good, if you like survival horror...

I love survival horror... speaking of which didn't they do a fatal frame on the Wii? Was it good?

Leo-j - I forgot all about Okami. It was a game I couldn't find for my BC Ps3