By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DEMON 'S SOUL HOLDS BEST SELLING JRPG OPENING WEEK IN AMERICA THIS GEN

dino46 said:
tphi said:

Oh man ! It awful ! Lost odyssey is beaten by 5k !
I will imediatly burn my copie of Lost Odyssey, I don't wanna hear anything about this game anymore ! I don't have any attention left !! My life has no sense anymore ! I wanna die ! 

Wait...So, it is the "best firt week opening in this generation for a japonese role playing game in america (on HD console only)". It's such a long title to put it in the guiness book of records

You have to add exclusive to the tittle to.

"Best first week opening in this generation for a Japanese role playing game in America on a exclusive PS3 HD console only

Fixed. It applies to all JRPGs whether they are exclusive or multi.

Around the Network

& that's a good sales...

Awesome job, Demon's Souls. This game is going to be hard to find and quite costly to puurchase on ebay in the not too distant future imo.

AMAZING!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Words Of Wisdom said:
Torillian said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:

AND IT IS JRPG FOR ALL THAT THINK IT IS NO

outsold LOST ODYSSEY 360

105,000 OPENING WEEK

Pokemon Platinum sold 725,990 copies in America on opening week.

It laughs at Demon's Souls.  The HD console qualifier is lame.  Include them all to see how sad the sales are.

I'm sure From Software was totally expecting to outsell Pokemon too.  Poor guys probably crying themselves to sleep.

I don't want to buy your furniture.

And I'd prefer you not take a dump on a great game at every oppurtunity simply because you refuse to see what others enjoy about it.  But we can't all get what we want.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Torillian said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:

outsold LOST ODYSSEY 360

105,000 OPENING WEEK

It laughs at Demon's Souls.  The HD console qualifier is lame.  Include them all to see how sad the sales are.

I'm sure From Software was totally expecting to outsell Pokemon too.  Poor guys probably crying themselves to sleep.

And I'd prefer you not take a dump on a great game at every oppurtunity simply because you refuse to see what others enjoy about it.  But we can't all get what we want.

I agree.

I don't get your hate for this game, WoW.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Torillian said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Torillian said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:

outsold LOST ODYSSEY 360

105,000 OPENING WEEK

I agree.

I don't get your hate for this game, WoW.

I don't get it either.

From my perspective it's a great game and having sales high enough to keep that developer making games is good sales to me.

"Demon's Souls is the best selling JRPG ever!"

No.

"Demon's Souls is the best selling JRPG this generation!"

No.

"Demon's Souls has the best selling opening week for a JRPG this generation!"

No.

"Demon's Souls has the best selling opening week in America for a JRPG this generation!"

No.

"Demon's Souls has the best selling opening week in America for a JRPG on HD consoles this generation!"

Ok.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:

"Demon's Souls is the best selling JRPG ever!"

No.

"Demon's Souls is the best selling JRPG this generation!"

No.

"Demon's Souls has the best selling opening week for a JRPG this generation!"

No.

"Demon's Souls has the best selling opening week in America for a JRPG this generation!"

No.

"Demon's Souls has the best selling opening week in America for a JRPG on HD consoles this generation!"

Ok.

That's hilarious.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

But it's not a JRPG.